3d Printed Firewalls and Control Horns

TexasTeacher

Ready to Crash
OK so i tried printing a couple of firewalls. Kind of a pain in the but and the holes had to be drilled, i am not overly impressed, i am thinking i am just going to order the FT ones as i need them.

The control horns seem to be fine, good holes and a good fit.

I am waiting on the firewalls to finish my Powerpod for an FT Flyer and an FT Delta

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
I like and use 3D printed friewalls almost exculsively. The only issue for me is if I get a bit irresponsible with my power plant... which I do... the screws will literally melt out of the firewall. I've had to deadstick a few BWs and FT Flyers as a result.

I've fixed this issue by using zip-ties to hold the motor in now. Problem solved.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
i think i will stay with the FT ones for now, Maybe when i get a bit better i will move to the 3D printed ones

Even with the FliteTest ones... consider using Zip Ties through an X mount to secure your motor. If you take a head first "landing" the zip ties are likely to break free before any damage is done to the motor, shaft or firewall, and it can be fixed in the field with a needle nose and 2 fresh zip ties in a minute or less.

TexasTeacher

Ready to Crash
ok so you use the included aluminum X, i assume this is the X mount you refereed to, that came with the motor and mount the motor to the Mount and then zip tie the mount to the firewall?