4m Glider goes to an aero-tow event... with a Tail cam :-)

mjcp

I took my 4m Flyfly DG-808s to an aero-tow event held an hour down the road from me. Normally I fly on the slope and I have NEVER aero towed an RC a/c...

The apron, The 4m gliders were some of the smallest attendees! There's a 7 or 8m glider in there!

12115679_10154252247602977_2814910372637402369_n.jpg

Here's some footage from the tail cam... crashes and all ;-)

DG goes aero towing

The day's events were "interrupted" by a fly past of the last airworthy Avro Vulcan, doing a final tour of the UK before it ceases flying after 60 odd years.

Vulcan.jpg

Vulcan fly-by

We have very strict limits on altitude for RC a/c (400 feet AGL) so events like this are special for us, we had a NOTAM at the airfield giving us 1500 foot of airspace to play with :cool: most tows dropped us off at 1200 foot AGL, but my Altitude only updates every 10 seconds and I'm not disconnecting BEFORE its over 1200 ;)

It was a great day... good turnout, plenty of tugs, fly past by a piece of history..

mjcp

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Middle Wallop kind of describes your landing there :eek: Looks like a fun day otherwise. One has to wonder and a place came to be named "Wallop". I assume there is an Upper Wallop and a Lower Wallop

mjcp

Middle Wallop kind of describes your landing there :eek: Looks like a fun day otherwise. One has to wonder and a place came to be named "Wallop". I assume there is an Upper Wallop and a Lower Wallop

Yeah... Doh!

There's an Over Wallop and Nether Wallop too!

I had been messing with mixing the flaps onto the ailerons and hadn't put it back to launch mode to land... so had no crow and too much roll control... then I stalled it.

mjcp