5' Rutan Pond Racer

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I found a chuck glider version for kids... this will be something to watch.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (wilsonman- we kid because we are jealous of your attention to details... Thousands of them. :LOL:
"If it doesn't have over a thousand rivets, moving throttle and control stick, self opening canopy and insane cockpit details then it's not scale enough for me" - Wilsonman

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
LOL, you guys are too much... and don't forget the moving rudder pedals, functional cowl flaps, FPV camera, dropping bombs. I very openly admit that the Corsair went way overboard... but that was sort of the point of the entire project. The big caveat is that despite all the details and weight penalty for them, she does fly as good as she looks.

Anyways... back on topic. Is this project planned to be a belly lander?

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Guess I know who to shout out to as I get closer to the final assembly ;)
Meh, eCalc is only like $20 for a year of use. Totally worth it if you do a lot of building. I've been using it non-stop for over 3 or 4 years now.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
LOL, you guys are too much... and don't forget the moving rudder pedals, functional cowl flaps, FPV camera, dropping bombs. I very openly admit that the Corsair went way overboard... but that was sort of the point of the entire project. The big caveat is that despite all the details and weight penalty for them, she does fly as good as she looks.

Anyways... back on topic. Is this project planned to be a belly lander?
Wait the pedals moved too?!?! I don't remember seeing those, I wish they had a better runway at FF so you could have flown her. Maybe next year.... Or the golf course???:cool:;)

bpw823

Junior Mastermind
Aight y'all so I worked a bit on the design the past two days and a few things were solved;

-Wing area was increased by around 15% and increased the wingspan by 5"
-Fuselage has been designed and added to the mock-up model
-most V.1 plans (for printing) have been set up

I'm still unsure on what our approach will be for landing gear... it could be a belly lander but for this model I'd like for us to maintain its integrity (for the most part) so we may look into mounting retracts, which will be a new experience for me.

Here's some renderings for ya! (The wing hasn't been updated in Inventor yet)

mock_up II.jpg
motor_pod I.jpg
mock_up III.jpg