59 year old newbie - adding more planes

Jimun

Elite member
It was a nice beautiful cool morning. Bright and sunning. I took out the Tiny Trainer first and it did not have the power. Spent sometime trying to figure it out. The battery had a bad cell.:( New battery and flying good. Had a few hard landings, but was able to keep flying. After the battery was done I tried to fly the Explorer. It was still having some problems, like it was still under powered. I don't know what to think. I did notice when I run the motor on the bench that the tail vibrated from just over 1/2 throttle to full it was shaking pretty good. I am wondering if that could be the problem.:unsure:

Tiny Trainer

Explorer

I need to get more planes built so I can fly longer:LOL:

I charged the battery back up and went to fly the TT again and ugggh:(

Tiny Trainer 018.JPG

Last edited:

Jimun

Elite member
Sounds familiar and we're really close in age... Feb. '61 myself. I did a little 12th scale R/C car racing back in the 80's. Used to run a pretty hot Bolink Bandito. I always have been fascinated with flight, but I kept being told it's not something you want to get into if you don't have a mentor. Almost 2 years ago now, I picked up a toy multicopter, a cheerson cx-33c, well, actually 3 of them because they were like $25 each at a local grocery store and I figured spare parts weren't likely to come cheaper. The whole thing turned has turned into the best thing to happen to me in a couple of decades. I'm currently trying to learn how to fly a race quad at a race pace in the simulator. I have a few flying quads and parts to build more, but I'm very interested in winged flight as well. There's something about that ability to hover that's always appealed to me 'though. This is actually my first post on here, so hello everybody. 😁👍 I've been watching Flite Test videos for a lot of the time since I discovered what's out there on YouTube etc. and have been really enjoying a lot of that as well. I just figured I would say hello since I spotted a kid about my age. 😉

Good to meet y'all, and I'm looking forward to digging around up in here a bit.
Welcome to the forum. Here is a thread you might want to check out https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/tips-for-a-newbie-experience-talking.58021/
Glad to have you join in. Start a thread or join one to show us in pictures and videos what you are up to.

mayan

Legendary member
Sounds familiar and we're really close in age... Feb. '61 myself. I did a little 12th scale R/C car racing back in the 80's. Used to run a pretty hot Bolink Bandito. I always have been fascinated with flight, but I kept being told it's not something you want to get into if you don't have a mentor. Almost 2 years ago now, I picked up a toy multicopter, a cheerson cx-33c, well, actually 3 of them because they were like $25 each at a local grocery store and I figured spare parts weren't likely to come cheaper. The whole thing turned has turned into the best thing to happen to me in a couple of decades. I'm currently trying to learn how to fly a race quad at a race pace in the simulator. I have a few flying quads and parts to build more, but I'm very interested in winged flight as well. There's something about that ability to hover that's always appealed to me 'though. This is actually my first post on here, so hello everybody. 😁👍 I've been watching Flite Test videos for a lot of the time since I discovered what's out there on YouTube etc. and have been really enjoying a lot of that as well. I just figured I would say hello since I spotted a kid about my age. 😉

Good to meet y'all, and I'm looking forward to digging around up in here a bit.
Welcome to the family. Like @Jimun said I am looking forward to see what you are working on. Anything you are not sure about or have a question just ask we are alll here to help one another.

@Jimun I have to give it too buddy, your flying has improved so much in such a short time that it's absolutley fun to watch your recent videos. Great job! I espically liked your flying with the TT, which you seem to have mastered :). Waiting to see you fly some of the bigger planes soon :).