A bit of help on first build please 150 with flip32 mini

DumbThumbsRC

Okay my friends. Trying to make heads and tails of all of this and looking for a bit of help.

This is my first build and I'm a bit stumped.

Set up
Platform 150 mm
Motors 1306 3100
Esc emax 12 amp
Fc flip 32 mini
Props 3/4
Pdb 12 volt with no step down
Receiver spektrum satellite

Where do the wires go to that come out of the flip32 mini. I assume I need to solder them to the esc.

Can I really only use a spektrum satellite with this as I have seen diagrams of? Seems strange to me.

I can not find a manual for this thing.

Flat4

Okay my friends. Trying to make heads and tails of all of this and looking for a bit of help.

This is my first build and I'm a bit stumped.

Set up
Platform 150 mm
Motors 1306 3100
Esc emax 12 amp
Fc flip 32 mini
Props 3/4
Pdb 12 volt with no step down
Receiver spektrum satellite

Where do the wires go to that come out of the flip32 mini. I assume I need to solder them to the esc.

Can I really only use a spektrum satellite with this as I have seen diagrams of? Seems strange to me.

I can not find a manual for this thing.

Going by the pictures on RTFQ's website the 4 leads with the female servo connectors are for your 4 motors. They just need to be connected to the signal wire of your esc's, except for the one with the 3 leads, which will also need power and ground. Being that you building a 150, and space is limited, I would remove the servo connectors and directly solder the lines.

On that same breakout cable, there are 3 leads for RX Power, RX Ground, and RX PPM. those are the connections you would use if you wanted to use a receiver other than a spektrum satellite. It has a dedicated spot for just a spektrum satellite on the other side of the board.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further clarification on anything. Setting up a flight controller for the first time can be a bit overwhelming.

DumbThumbsRC

Going by the pictures on RTFQ's website the 4 leads with the female servo connectors are for your 4 motors. They just need to be connected to the signal wire of your esc's, except for the one with the 3 leads, which will also need power and ground. Being that you building a 150, and space is limited, I would remove the servo connectors and directly solder the lines.

On that same breakout cable, there are 3 leads for RX Power, RX Ground, and RX PPM. those are the connections you would use if you wanted to use a receiver other than a spektrum satellite. It has a dedicated spot for just a spektrum satellite on the other side of the board.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further clarification on anything. Setting up a flight controller for the first time can be a bit overwhelming.

If I connect the signal wire from the fc to the esc what do I do with the other wire. Just trim it?

Also, the one with the female rx plug does that just go into any of the esc rx plugs. The reason I ask is that the esc that it came with do not have a bec apparently.

I will also be using a satellite. Does that mean no extra receiver is needs?

Thanks for your help. I wish this fc came with a manual.

Flat4

If I connect the signal wire from the fc to the esc what do I do with the other wire. Just trim it?

Personally I would just de-solder the extra wire, but I don't see why you couldn't just trim it as long as it's out of the way of everything.

Also, the one with the female rx plug does that just go into any of the esc rx plugs. The reason I ask is that the esc that it came with do not have a bec apparently.

Yes, that is meant for an esc with a bec. You will still need the signal lead from that connected to what looks like the esc for motor 1. (I'm just looking at pictures, so definitely confirm which wires are for which motor.) You'll also need some form of 5v stepdown to power up the flip 32, and satellite rx. You'll want to wire up the positive and ground from that female servo plug to whatever 5v source you get.

I will also be using a satellite. Does that mean no extra receiver is needs?

Yep, a satellite rx is the only one needed.

Thanks for your help. I wish this fc came with a manual.

Happy to help, good luck with the build!!!

Last edited: