A carry on from my other thread. Advice needed on parts, props, charger, etc. (U.K)

Ddm5

Apologies in advance if this counts as a double post.

Right, so my birthday is today and I've got the money to order the parts but I need general advice and reassurance. I posted this pretty much identical thread on the general multirotor part of the forum and it was a minor mistake to begin with. I've been learning how to fly with Micro quads and a large 450 ish sized toy quad so I know the basics and have decent enough control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frame - Genuine F450 or the Q450 (Probably settle on the genuine and pick up a couple of black arms)

Flight Controller - Naza Lite + GPS (For RTH and failsafe, etc)

Motors - SunnySky X2212 KV980.

Props - 1045 SF Props | Black.

ESC's - 30A Emax Simon Series ESC's.

Battery - 3S 2200mah Turnigy Nano Tech.

Charger - (Need advice, can't exceed £25 ish)

Transmitter - Turnigy 9X or Flysky FS-TH9x (They're the same I know)

Reciever - FlySky RX-9X | Comes in the bundle with the FlySky FS.

Extras - Onboard low voltage alarm.

At the moment I'm rather stuck on a couple of key things, primarily the props and battery.

Props: I've seen many different combinations with examples being: 8inch on 4S, 3S 9inch and 10inch on 3S and was wondering if the Sunny's can handle the 10 Inch on 3S. I've seen mixed thoughts about people running the Sunny's on 10 inch and I'm incredibly unsure about it and need advice regarding the prop choice.

Charger: Honestly have no idea what charger to get that's cheap enough for my needs, I'll mostly be charging within the house when I'm on the computer and don't really need to charge them out on the field. I've looked at the Imax B6 and the Imax R6. Still really unsure about what charger to get though.

Battery: Mixed thoughts on the Nano tech since I've seen a guy with 9 or 10 inch props on the Sunny's and he has the throttle end point at 80% due to the power draw. Would I need to do something similar or would the battery suffice?, was also thinking about getting a larger battery, something along the lines of a 4000 or run two 2200's in parallel.

Future plan: Upgrade to a TBS Discovery frame and add the FPV gear down the line.

PhenomPilot

I run that motor/prop/battery combo on my tricopter. Haven't had my motors or battery get warm yet, so I think you should be fine. I also really like my IMAX b6. Only change would be to get some colored props for the front so as to identify it better.

Ddm5

I run that motor/prop/battery combo on my tricopter. Haven't had my motors or battery get warm yet, so I think you should be fine. I also really like my IMAX b6. Only change would be to get some colored props for the front so as to identify it better.

Hmm, thanks for the input on the motors. I was thinking about coloured props but I'll be using Black back arms and white front arms, or Red front arms and black back arms. I'll try the black props out to begin with and I'll go from there if I have issues with orientation. Regarding the Imax charger can I simply plug it into the wall and charge from a balancing port?

PhenomPilot

Some of them need an AC power supply like the ones used for a laptop or a dc battery or car plug. You charge the battery via the main plug and balance them at the same time with the balance plug.

Ddm5

Some of them need an AC power supply like the ones used for a laptop or a dc battery or car plug. You charge the battery via the main plug and balance them at the same time with the balance plug.

Alright then, I've just never had hobby grade LiPo's. I'll assume the Imax B6 charger can be used directly off of a U.K wall socket with the need for an external power supply?

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Hmmm. From what it says on the site that lists the Imax B6 AC it doesn't require a 12 power supply / transformer.
That's correct. The B6 needs an external power supply, but the B6 AC just plugs into normal AC power.

Ddm5

That's correct. The B6 needs an external power supply, but the B6 AC just plugs into normal AC power.

Should be fine then, need to look for an adapter for the battery I'll be using. I'll most likely pick up the genuine version of the B6 AC from HK when I pick up a prop balancer soon.