A dihedral question.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@Michael G, keep in mind that what you're experiencing is the exact same change of perspective that we all experience when we first get into RC flight. When I first started flying, I used to imagine myself in the cockpit looking out. So long as I could hold that mental image, I always knew which way I was going and wanted to go.

That honestly didn't last for very long. Pretty soon I found that my thumbs knew what they were doing all by themselves. I really didn't have to think about it. Muscle memory. I spent a lot of time in a simulator, to help grow that, but it can truly be learned only with flight practice. The good news is that you don't even have to work at it. Just fly and fly some more. Accept the crashes as part of the experience, and the muscle memory will take care of itself.

A great example of dihedral is the polyhedral wing of the Tiny Trainer. That's one of the reasons I recommend it so heartily. It's a great way to get that muscle memory with a self-correcting flight platform that is simple to build, robust in a crash, and easy to repair.

When you find that you no longer have to think about every little thing, you swap out that wing for the Sport wing. It's an easy transition when you're ready. Before you know it, you're correcting your own turns, and dihedral becomes a matter of choice, rather than necessity. Personally, I like planes with a bit of dihedral, but I've got a couple that have none. I just build them to spec and fly them the way they were designed.

What I'm saying is don't stress it. Just get out there and fly bunches, and everything pretty much takes care of itself. :)