A perfect fall day for flying.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Days like today are a rare thing here in upstate New York where weather conditions are at their best. Usually its grey and overcast when temps and winds are good or its raining this time of year. Today every weather factor was near perfect. Low 70's for temps near zero wind, bright sun in a near cloudless fall sky and not a soul in the park to have to worry about getting in the way.

I am glad I had charged the batteries the night before because I got out early after deciding to up my rates and tweek pids just a hair in search of that perfect tune. I raised both pitch and roll rates from 720 degrees per second to 900. I dropped pitch .2 after finding the high spot where it got the wobbles. I bumped roll P another .1 to stiffen it up even more after faster snappier rolls as well.

This video is one of the mornings four packs I got to fly. It is the only one I did any free style with as I was practicing racing with the new settings which I thought was great before I did the free style flight and found out pitch rate needed to be balanced as I was consistently overshooting the flips by 90 degrees as you can see in the video.

be warned it is loud.

I went home and it was early enough I knew I could charge the 4 packs and get out again before the sun got to low to fly.
The late afternoon was just as nice as the morning and the angle of the fall sun made for nice long shadows growing out across the hay field behind my complex where I live. I had changed the RC rate an rate for Pitch where it was softer in the middle but still had that 900 degree roll per second speed as before. This flight was much more smooth and enjoyable to do with nearly zero stress like earlier where I actually tried to do that upside down hang and judge how long I could fall before I had to get back over and slow the fall. I did notice on the first flight that I now had a slight, slow, steady roll wobble under slow easy flight. I assume that it is caused by too much D since it is a steady oscillation not a speed induced one. I will drop D by 1 or so points and see what results I get tomorrow.

My only issue with this flight is my action camera battery died halfway thru the first pack so the three remaining evening flights were DVR only so here is the 3rd of the 4 that seemed to have the most variety and the smoothest flight of the three. I had a bit of a time to get the video in the goggles to sync up so the first 23 seconds is channel flipping to get the video stable.