AC-91-57C has dropped

BayDesigns

Very frustrating that we get the shaft in order to make way for Amazon and the like to do drone delivery. The FAA really should be restricting them, not us. The consequences are higher if they have a mishap (generally... giant scale is different), and we're not the ones who are going to be crowding the NAS. All of this ignoring the fact that drone delivery is entirely impractical- it doesn't take into account the numerous low-level aircraft ops going on in many cities, i.e. airborne aw enforcement and newsgathering.

skymaster

Elite member
Very frustrating that we get the shaft in order to make way for Amazon and the like to do drone delivery. The FAA really should be restricting them, not us. The consequences are higher if they have a mishap (generally... giant scale is different), and we're not the ones who are going to be crowding the NAS. All of this ignoring the fact that drone delivery is entirely impractical- it doesn't take into account the numerous low-level aircraft ops going on in many cities, i.e. airborne aw enforcement and newsgathering.

Where are you getting that all this because of Amazon delivery. this will never happen because of what you just said they are not going to risk killing some one for 30 bucks. this is something else. and it might be not because of drones more like the FPV system.

BayDesigns

Where are you getting that all this because of Amazon delivery. this will never happen because of what you just said they are not going to risk killing some one for 30 bucks. this is something else. and it might be not because of drones more like the FPV system.
https://www.thedronegirl.com/2020/05/07/faa-remote-id-rules/

https://news.yahoo.com/amazon-t-mob...7wrloCYZAbQNywk8x4cN_NJr1laqjBg3bWozCnF_PLSxO

It's not explicitly stated but it's not hard to read between the lines. I'm not saying that drone delivery will happen, rather that it's frustrating that we're being so heavily restricted for something that probably won't work out.

and it might be not because of drones more like the FPV system.
Do you mean that FPV is to blame? If so, why?