Adhesion issues

Flying potato

This paper and foam got more attachment issues than me. Any glue suggestions. If it changes anything, this is the rear part of the ft spitfire.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    804.2 KB · Views: 0

CrshNBrn

Elite member
If its just the edges of the paper peeling back from the foam, I just squirt a tiny amount of hot glue in there and hold it shut. Lots of folks will use different mixtures to seal up their delaminating edges, from Modge-Podge to a mix of white glue and water.

Flying potato

If its just the edges of the paper peeling back from the foam, I just squirt a tiny amount of hot glue in there and hold it shut. Lots of folks will use different mixtures to seal up their delaminating edges, from Modge-Podge to a mix of white glue and water.
Elmers glue good?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Yes. I've used a 50/50 mix with water and let it dry overnight. Hardens up the exposed foam edges and helps with the paper adhesion.

Foamforce

Ironing the edges seals them up, adds rigidity, and probably reduces drag too. It‘s a bit tedious and smelly though.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
As you will see, there are as many cures as there are users. I try to prevent it in the first place by using the stuff spect. for FF and running a bead of hot glue down the edges and whipping it flat with foam scrapers made from scrap.