Aerial (cheap but clean) Quadcopter advice

rensjes12

Hi,

currently i have a rotorbit tri copter, with the multistar 935KV motors and 1045 props,

i would like to use these parts to make a aerial quadcopter with GPS and 2 axis gimbal.

so the setup would be:
items with a (x) i already have.

Flight controller:APM 2.8
Esc: Q-brain 30amp (x)
Motors: Multistar 935KV(x) in the future maybe a lower kv rating like 600 and a 4s setup.
Props: 1045
Frame:Rotorsbits Quad(x) and in the future a nice 500-560 quad like a cinetank clone or something?
Battery: 1 or 2 turnigy 2200Mah (parallel)

FPV:
transmitter: Boscam 200mW ts351 (x)
Goggles: boscam gs920(x)
aerial camera: Sj 4000(x)
gimbal: 2-axis gimbal(x)

Rc transmitter
currently: stock 9x v2
receiver: hobbyking 6channel v2 or turnigy 8 channel v2

i would like to buy another transmitter with a safer connection, my 9x losses something connection.
so what would you Guys recommend ? is the new flysky FS-i10 a good one? Flysky FS-i10

please let me know what you think !

sorry if i miss spelt a lot.

Greetings,

Rens

jipp

i will say i would go with a frsky traanis, or a turnigy 9x over the model you posted. but this is just my personal choice.. i plan on getting a Tranis plus down the road. its a open source 16 Chanel radio that you will never out grow.

chris.

rensjes12

yeah, already looked for the taranis, but not sure if it has frequency hopping ? and witch receiver you can use ?

thanks for the reaction.

jipp

yeah it has it own method of frequency hopping which is great. you can use the flysky, frysky, turnigy etc, and with the spectrum module ( ill use the Orange one, its only 46 bucks or so over spectrum 110.00 module. i have to be frugal :( ) you can run DSMX, etc ( so you can use the dirt cheap lemon stuff, i bought a hand full of 6ch RX for 2.50 a peic3e.. they normally go for around 5-7 tho. and you can use the Orange stuff too ). and the frsky telemetry components are much cheaper than other brands like spectrum.

chris.

rensjes12

so the transmitter sends the signal for frequency hopping ? and not the module, i always thought that this feature was in the module.

and what do you think of the quad ? does it look like a good working setup?

Rens.

jipp

the taranis has its own signal built in so you do not need the module to use frsky protocol. i think they call it FAST. i could be wrong on that.. if you buy the turnigy version built by the same guys as i understand it then yes you need to buy the frsky module ( i could be wrong here i do not know much about the turnigy).

im new to all this so i can not comment on the quad aspect sorry. im only preaching what iv read on rcgroup. i read the complete thread on the taranis radio. hah took me a month. and i still do not understand what it all can do.. ill probably reread that thread once i get a taranis plus in my hands down the road.. for now i just ordered a spectrum XD6i for my first radio. hopefully next month i can order the parts to build a quad. :D for now im just flying a blade nano qx and the flight simulators using a old hitec optic 6fm.. pheonix 5, and real flight 7.5 which i just upgraded from 7 to 5.. and i must say the multirotor support is much improved.

chris.

Last edited: