Aero L-39 Albatros V2 - EDF Jet

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hi Grifflyer,

Thank you very much for the Plan.
I just start to work on it and find out that the plan are raster images at the moment. Not vector lines.
Could you re-save the plan in vector format, please?
That would be much easier for me.
Please check your inbox:)

Daniel Liutan

Yep!!
By ready to go, I mean ready for other people to test, @Zephyr1's prototype hasn't flown yet, he experienced not having enough power and thinks the EDF needs more air.

I am checking the plan. the EDF hole is 53mm, perfect for the EDF itself, but it looks no more room for the intake ring.
Without it, you will lose a lot of power, roughly 30%.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 10.41.06 am.png

editor_images_1544641210134-Screenshot+2018-12-12+at+18.55.00.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I am checking the plan. the EDF hole is 53mm, perfect for the EDF itself, but it looks no more room for the intake ring.
Without it, you will lose a lot of power, roughly 30%.

View attachment 143579

View attachment 143580
Wow I never knew that, the 50mm L-39 flies just fine without it, but adding more power with hardly any weight is always a good thing.
I'm gonna change the fuse a bit to accommodate the ring, I've already got an idea in my head to do so.

Thanks for bringing this up!!

Daniel Liutan

Wow I never knew that, the 50mm L-39 flies just fine without it, but adding more power with hardly any weight is always a good thing.
I'm gonna change the fuse a bit to accommodate the ring, I've already got an idea in my head to do so.

Glad to be of help:LOL:

Yes, your L39 flies great, as the fuselage just fit the EDF, very efficient. But put on the inlet ring should dig out all the potential and make it a blast!

All EDF plane need lips for fluent air flow. Some of the EDF plane (especially small scale one) make the lip on the fuselage, so they don't need the ring (to save inside room). But most of them just keep the EDF inlet ring.

ductflow.jpg

Loeikie

Busy building, do you have any idea when you will release this ?

jfaleo1

As a side note @Grifflyer Wichita State University here in Wichita, KS has a great aircraft engineer program. I am pretty sure you could be a great one. This V2 design is really well executed. I do agree on the inlet ring though. I was looking at a way to modify it myself, but let's see where the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) goes with it.:unsure:(y)

Peter 3

I am really keen to make a 70mm jet as I have a spare edf unit laying around. Where can I find the new plans for the 70mm version as I am abit confused of where to find it?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I am really keen to make a 70mm jet as I have a spare edf unit laying around. Where can I find the new plans for the 70mm version as I am abit confused of where to find it?
As of right now there aren't any official 70mm plans. Only plans for those who want to test the plane as a beta builder.

If you would like to help out, I can send the beta plans to you as well.

Peter 3

As of right now there aren't any official 70mm plans. Only plans for those who want to test the plane as a beta builder.

If you would like to help out, I can send the beta plans to you as well.

Yes, I would love to help out as a beta builder. I would appreciate it if you could send me the plans.

Cheers