ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Y-cables are still always good to have.

Imagine you have a few more chanels you need for lights and sound effects or whatever and there you would use a Y-cable to have that spare chanel you need.
I would always need to have a working Y-cable as you save quite a bit of work, which might not even be right and be on the safe side with the connections

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
How to make y cables ???

Anyone have a Schematic or blueprint on how to make Y cables ?? i have my glider here that wont fly because HK has Y cables in backorder !!!

i have plenty of spares PC Motherboard here so i can salvage some conectors .....

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Anyone have a Schematic or blueprint on how to make Y cables ?? i have my glider here that wont fly because HK has Y cables in backorder !!!

i have plenty of spares PC Motherboard here so i can salvage some conectors .....

If you have a programmable Tx, you can use another channel for the aileron. If not, you could reverse the servo like this:

Untitled.jpg

pointing the servo arm in the other direction will change travel direction.

I think (DON'T trust me) servos can be paralelled, (red to red, black to black, white to white) I'd like someones confirmation. (DON'T trust me)

Klonas

Just solder servo wires. Black to black, red to red, white to white.
This is a Y cable I took apart:
DSC03158.JPG

Klonas

If the servo arms are facing from each other that shouldn't happen...
That's my experience anyways.
If you were to do let's say elevator from 2 parts(each controlled by a servo) then you would have to reverse one.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
thx guys, just as i imagined when chad said all parallel, i suspected but now you confirmed ... now to the workbench :D

yall are great helpers !!

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Good. You have the plugs?

no ... thinking in a way to do it ... my computer plugs are either male 2 pin conectors or 3 pin CPU Fan like .. so i cant use them for this ...

need 2 female + 1 male servo conectors.

i have some 20 years old full sized (47g) futaba/airtronics servos, im thinking of snipping the male conector from 1 of them(for the receiver) and just hot glue the other bare wires to the servo pins.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
It's better if you solder them. That holds better.

I agree, hot glue will not conduct electricity. You should solder them for sure. Don't want to loose connection when you are flying, bad things tend to happen!:black_eyed:

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
i guess you guys are right ... if i want to remove it, just de-solder them .....

( i suck at soldering; or either my soldering iron + solder - solder gel (dont have it) sux )

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Homemade Y cable V2;

three 20-year-old full sized servos sacrificed their life for the cause .... (borrowed cables and conectors)

I soldered the tips in parallel then soldered to the conector, then I did a shrink tube finishing.

2012-01-16 18.40.04.jpg

Last edited: