Alpha 110 and Graupner MZ-12 Telemetry issues

Rhys_GreyCat

I recently picked up the Graupner MZ-12 & GR-18 combo for a VersaCopter build, I also picked up a Graupner Alpha 110 (ARF non-FPV) to fly around inside and bounce off of things while learning.

I have been flying it around in attitude and rate modes and wanted to be able to do rolls and flips without using the "autoflip" function. To me it seems like the rates are too low, and I can only do a lazy roll (dropping 10+ feet, not good when indoors), not a tight one like the auto switch does. The manual shows to just go into the telemetry menu on HoTT display compatible transmitters to access the PID and rate settings, which to my understanding the MZ-12 should be able to do this. However, when connected to the Alpha 110 I am not getting telemetry info. I don't get the receiver voltage on the main screen and when I hit the TLM button I get the menu, but then when I select something I get "Can't receive data". The telemetry data link works when connected to the GR-18 in the VersaCopter and I can see the options and settings there.

Is there something I'm missing here with the Alpha 110? The manual says it should work similar to the GR-18 setup.

Graupner USA

Did you try to rebind it? It seems like there is active telemetry channel which may indicate that the bind is not complete.

Rhys_GreyCat

I just tried rebinding it and it is now getting telemetry and I am able to access the settings. Before I cleared it, it was showing R09 and after rebinding it is showing R06. The GR-18 I have in the VersaCopter is also showing R09.

Now to figure out how all of the settings change the actions of the quad and how to get it so I can roll and flip like the switch allows.

Thanks! Because it was flying otherwise I didn't think to try rebinding it.