Another Champ s+ Question

Justin_Mack

Hey guys my champ s+’s rudder is always deflecting left whenever the plane is always on or off, is this because of the servos wire, trim, beginner mode, or a might be a tear. Also I think I have indoor mode turned on for testing.
Pictures The first picture is with the plane turned off lots of deflection
The 2nd picture is with the plane on and the rim set all the way to left for rudder.

Thanks,
Justin
Sorry if I sound crazy or scared.

Attachments

• 4D8A3E28-D5D1-4054-9909-91C1BBA41415.jpeg
    4D8A3E28-D5D1-4054-9909-91C1BBA41415.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 11CF1BA6-0D94-4706-B1C6-EE17B9352CE6.jpeg
    11CF1BA6-0D94-4706-B1C6-EE17B9352CE6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I hope you have got it dorted by now but in case you have not you need to do a basic mechanical alignment before worrying about anything.

1. Adjust transmitter trims back to the central position.
2. with Tx and plane powered up check mechanical alignment of the servo output arms is at 90 degrees to the pushrod. If not remove the servo output arm, re-position at the 90 degree position and refit the screw to hold in position.
3. Check alignment of rudder if still not aligned undo clevis from rudder hotn and adjust clevis position on the rudder pushrod by twisting it on the pushrod. Adjust position such that when refitted to the rudder control horn the rudder is in the desired position. Refit clevis to the rudder horn and secure.
4. Adjust the transmitter trim or suntrim to get the remaining fine adjustment if required.

Have fun!

randyrls

Randy
Wanted to comment on this as my Champ crashed and inspection revealed that the control horn on the rudder had twisted and forced its way down the control rod. i could only get left, no right. On closer inspection I saw the problem was that the Z bend in the push rod wasn't at 90 degrees. I removed both rudder and elevator push rods and re-bent them to a good right angle. Problem solved.