Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Vimana89

Legendary member
I got my 25 sheets of Adams white today, still waiting on the old B pack setup, other small supplies, and the two back ordered EZ 2ch packs. I hauled the foam in immediately so it wouldn't warp in outside/garage heat and stuck it in my foam stash closet to sit a couple days, just in case. Looks packed super tight in the box so fingers crossed for little to no warping. Can't wait to start cranking out builds again.

Vimana89

Legendary member
you should change the name from "floating kidney":LOL:
Possibly, although I retained the original name of the concept from Outerzone for respect of the real OG, which was a chucker designed in 1947. Check it out on Outerzone if you want. I never really got good footage of the 4ch, but here's a decent clip of the earlier 3ch RET. It's a lot like a Nutball, but...well, better. The landing had zero throttle all the way down. The 4ch could roll well and was a bit better in standard forward flight.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Worked on the Viking s-3b.
Gear:
IMG_20200702_011724411.jpg IMG_20200701_200842746.jpg IMG_20200701_205558268.jpg
Empanage:
IMG_20200702_011556659.jpg IMG_20200702_011627784.jpg
and otose gear is mostly there. Rear gear is in, but needs the bracing.
She's starting to get there
IMG_20200702_012926320.jpg

Timmy

Legendary member
Possibly, although I retained the original name of the concept from Outerzone for respect of the real OG, which was a chucker designed in 1947. Check it out on Outerzone if you want. I never really got good footage of the 4ch, but here's a decent clip of the earlier 3ch RET. It's a lot like a Nutball, but...well, better. The landing had zero throttle all the way down. The 4ch could roll well and was a bit better in standard forward flight.
Whant happens when it gets kidney stones?

Park Invader

@Timmy It looks like there isn't a large enough piece of wood to support the nose landing gear to the foam. I would increase the current size of it 4 to 6x that current piece. See attached img.

I think I'm just gonna completely reinforce the font landing gear area cuz the entire thing just came out. Plywood and woodglue here I come!

Attachments

• nose-gear.png
    nose-gear.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

"Corpse"

Legendary member
yeah but I want something manouverable. I did kombat with my tiny trainer and had a hard time adjusting for the streamer.
How about a DEATH FT-3D?

If you want to talk combat, @Wildthing is your man. He has a whole arsenal of death planes. He isn't playing around when he does combat. (He puts razor blades on his wings)