Anybody else scratch building tonight?

Timmy

Legendary member
All I have to do is the push rods and install the motor pod.
P1130806.JPG

Timmy

Legendary member
Looks nice, looking to hear how it flies... I 'built' one but couldn't get the CG happy (based on the plan markings) and scrapped the foam.
yeah I hear wings are really sensitive to CG. hopefully I can get my CG right. I want to HEAR how it flies too. In FT vids I sounds really loud and high pitched. I'm not sure how I feel about that sound.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
yeah I hear wings are really sensitive to CG. hopefully I can get my CG right. I want to HEAR how it flies too. In FT vids I sounds really loud and high pitched. I'm not sure how I feel about that sound.

balance as suggested with a slight nose heavy, they really aren't that bad and you have a little wiggle room. most important thing is that you have proper reflex set into the elevons. if not it will try and nose in and you will be flying with full stick back trying to keep it in the air.

yes, they make a noise but most pushers and prop-in-slots do.

they are also a simple launch. half throttle and easy discus throw. once you get the hang of flying then you can do vertical take-offs with it by standing it up on the wing tips.

good luck,

me :cool:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

my problem was that I had to put my battery about 1-1.5" past the nose to get it to balance with the motor and without the Servos (which were slightly behind the CG markings). picture in this post from me trying to get it to balance correctly: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ft-mini-arrow-cg-question.63654/#post-577437

danskis

Master member
My 700 mah battery goes lengthwise and the end of the battery is at the point of the wing. Another pilot had to extend the nose a little bit to get it to balance. Unfortunately discuss throw takes practice. Don't actually throw it as it has plenty of power. You kinda guide it into the air keeping the wings flat. You can also bungee launch it.
The advantage is you have both hands on the trx.

Timmy

Legendary member
My 700 mah battery goes lengthwise and the end of the battery is at the point of the wing. Another pilot had to extend the nose a little bit to get it to balance. Unfortunately discuss throw takes practice. Don't actually throw it as it has plenty of power. You kinda guide it into the air keeping the wings flat. You can also bungee launch it.
The advantage is you have both hands on the trx.
I have had experience discusing my delta ray one and so does my dad. I could get him to throw it.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Couple modification made so far but think it should turn out fantastically fast and lighter than the 70mm EDF version 😊

Attachments

• B8B42CA2-6770-4483-8E9A-D9024B0F442E.jpeg
    B8B42CA2-6770-4483-8E9A-D9024B0F442E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0