Anybody know a good action cam to put on quads?

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Hello! What is a good action camera that records good video and is lite weight that would be good for quads. Maximum $75. Any suggestions?

DonC52

I don't think you are going to get the GoPro Hero for under $70 but please confirm that for me. As a part of this thread maybe I can get an answer to a question I have been wondering about.
I can't find this camera in the store but it is used in an ad. PilotSam - It may help you. Is it a GoPro in a bumper?

Versaslider2_2.jpg

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
yes Don that is a gopro that is in a 3d printed protective case / mount.

Sam. I know you have seen the 720p 60fps videos I have done. That is using a Vivitar 768HD camera I got off the shelf at Walmart for 52 dollars. Its not the best by far but a livable start in your price range. It will do 1080p 30 fps as well and does 12.1 megapixel pictures. I use a 16gig class 10 card and have never gone over 6gig flying all my packs filming at the 720p 60fps. The sound is not the greatest but if your flying most of the motor noise will be overdubbed anyway. I don't suggest using any slower cards specially if you are gonna use the 60fps filming.

Snowblind

Propeller Balancer
I'd suggest going to HobbyKing for their A-cam, 720p, wide angle lens, $40 USD. I have one, and gave my cousin one. Also smaller and lighter (being 29g) than most other action-cams. (last I looked)

Last edited:

PilotSam

Judge me by my age?
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I will probably go to walmart or target and get the camera you suggested or i'll just find some other nice cheap action cam.

AndyP57

Whenever I have a gimbal built for a GoPro I use a GitUp Git 1 camera. It's exactly the same dimensions as a Hero and in my opinion gives as good an image for a fraction of the price. Currently selling on amazon for about $100 including a heap of accessories (That also fit GoPro)

joker24458

Surprised no one has recommended the Runcam 2 HD yet. Goes for $100 but can easily be found on sale for $79 at times, especially with Black Friday/Cyber Monday just around the corner.

DonC52

I don't want to go off topic but I now have some great ideas for Action Cams for my VersaCopter but I really want to use it for photography as well. I have seen set ups with two cameras and presume that this is why.
Has anybody got any recommendations for the second camera that my quad could carry?
Thanks in advance,
DonC52

For the action camera or the photography camera you might consider the gitup git2. I have one and mount it in a gimbal on my AP quad and also on my zmr250. For the price it's a great little camera and is compatible with gopro accessories.