Anycopter problem

Danishpig

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section but I couldn't find any better place.

So, I'm building my first tricopter but I have some problem with the take-off..

My motor is spinning this way:
Sans titre.png

and the props clockwise for the two motor spinning right and counter-clockwise for the motor spinning left, I'm using the kk2 board.

I can't understand why It doesn't want to stay stable in the air but i've made a video to show you the problem:

Sorry if i'm writing short but i'm very tired after making many tries.

I hope somebody can help me fixing this issue.

Danishpig

I've got all the same settings as him:

and my firmware is the default that Hobbyking send out with it, I doesn't have any cable so i can't update it.

Danishpig

I did calibrate and I did the take off with selflevel.

Edit:

I've made an other video hoping it can help fixing my problem.

Last edited:

aiidanwings

For some reason, one of my boards switched itself from x-quad to a different mode. It confused the heck out of me for a while. It may be a good idea to double check that is in the correct mode.

Danishpig

I did double checked it and redone everything from the start with a factory reset many times.

The board is in tricopter mode and the wire are correctly set, I really don't know what to do.. This is my first build and my first tricopter so I don't know what's wrong but I'm really glad to see that so many people are trying to help me.

Mustang7302

Make sure the servo is reacting in the right direction. When you give left rudder input, the servo should point the motor to the right which pulls the tail to the right and points the front of the tricopter left. Opposites apply for right rudder input.

Then you'll want to make sure the tricopter responds to elevator and roll inputs correctly as well. Take of video of these reactions.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Did you do the receiver check and tuning? Does the tri respond at all to control inputs?

Set the throttle endpoints again just to be sure.

kah00na

Can you counter the back-left movement by pushing to the front right on the transmitter when you try to take off? That might help point out if the transmitter is sending something weird to the receiver.

Danishpig

I did the receiver check and everything is responding.

Can you counter the back-left movement by pushing to the front right on the transmitter when you try to take off? That might help point out if the transmitter is sending something weird to the receiver.

Gonna try it as soon as my battery is charged, my controller is set in airplane mode, shoud l try to switch it to helicopter mode ?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Default firmware is probably the cause if it's the 1.2, autolevel didn't work very well. Try to fly it without the autolevel and see what you get.

Danishpig

The rudder and the aileron are reversed, I know how to fix them on my controllers but not directly on the Kk2, I guess it is in the "Mix settings", I gonna try tomorrow because it is the evening and i doesn't want to disturb anyone nearby trying to sleep.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Do you mean they are mixed up:as in rudder is aileron and aileron is rudder? Or, are they both backwards:as in left is right and right is left? There is no reversing on the KK2. That will have to be done on your Tx. If they are mixed up, you'll have to swap the leads from the Rx to the KK2.

Danishpig

I mean that they are backwards, left is right and right is left but I doesn't thing it change anything with the autolevel.

Isn't there any tutorial on how to setup kk2 with a tricopter with a full explanation ? I've seen many with how to build it but nearly no one that say wich way the motor should spin, if the props should be cw or ccw, and so on...

Last edited:

steadly1

i use whatever props i have lying around on my tri, i find it dous'nt matter unless you need to slam on heaps of power. i don't know of a good tutorial, just play around with it. i think to reverse your roll you can swap your 2 fixed motors, to revers your rudder change the mix editor form rudder -100 to +100 (or vice versea).
you will need about 70 on servo filtering to (if you don't already)

sorry for the bad explanation, its been a while since i set up my tri

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I mean that they are backwards, left is right and right is left but I doesn't thing it change anything with the autolevel.

Isn't there any tutorial on how to setup kk2 with a tricopter with a full explanation ? I've seen many with how to build it but nearly no one that say wich way the motor should spin, if the props should be cw or ccw, and so on...

The KK2 board will show you in the menu which way the motors should spin for each type of multi rotor.

As for tutorials, I have some listed here...

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...p-Patrick-from-crashing-his-multi-quot-Thread