AP Eazy 150% twin

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
depends on what you beveled... you might need to remake it or might be able to work around it.
its on the bottom part of the wing. It took me a long time to cut it out. I do not want to redo it. I accidentally did the double bevel on a score cut that was on the bottom of the wing, instead of in the middle where it was supposed to be. I then did it in the correct place.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
its on the bottom part of the wing. It took me a long time to cut it out. I do not want to redo it. I accidentally did the double bevel on a score cut that was on the bottom of the wing, instead of in the middle where it was supposed to be. I then did it in the correct place.

Define 'a long time'

Also -> is it in a structural area or is it re-enforced by something else? if it is going to weaken the wing, then you should re-cut it (use a strait edge and it will go much faster)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Define 'a long time'

Also -> is it in a structural area or is it re-enforced by something else? if it is going to weaken the wing, then you should re-cut it (use a strait edge and it will go much faster)
I use a straight edge, and a long time is about half an hour, or more. It is where the main wing spar will b mounted. I think I can glue a thin stgrop of foam in there to reinforce it maybe.

JasonK

I use a straight edge, and a long time is about half an hour, or more. It is where the main wing spar will b mounted. I think I can glue a thin stgrop of foam in there to reinforce it maybe.
30 minutes isn't worth 'saving' over a weak wing structure. if you were talking hours, then it might be worth considering other solutions... but with DTFB being ~ $1/sheet.. redoing the wing is only 30-45 minutes + $1, I would just re-do it

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
30 minutes isn't worth 'saving' over a weak wing structure. if you were talking hours, then it might be worth considering other solutions... but with DTFB being ~ $1/sheet.. redoing the wing is only 30-45 minutes + $1, I would just re-do it
ok. I will. are you sure no other solution? I just realized that my template is ruined so that might be an extra half an hour to an hour added.

JasonK

ok. I will. are you sure no other solution? I just realized that my template is ruined so that might be an extra half an hour to an hour added.

I didn't say there was no other solution, just that 30 minutes to fix it correctly is better then the other solutions. you basically created a weak point in your craft in part of the wing structure. I don't know why your so worried about 30-60 minutes to re-cut it correctly, I suspect you have already spent a good chuck of that amount of time trying to not spend that time.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I didn't say there was no other solution, just that 30 minutes to fix it correctly is better then the other solutions. you basically created a weak point in your craft in part of the wing structure. I don't know why your so worried about 30-60 minutes to re-cut it correctly, I suspect you have already spent a good chuck of that amount of time trying to not spend that time.
ya, you are right. I will do it. thanks for the recommendation. also, I noticed that white foam board is 5mm thick while black is 4mm thick. why??? so strange.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Here is the closed wing. I put a folder in for comaprison. I also put in the previous picture about the bevel too. The servos are inside the wing with the horns sticking out on top.

Attachments

• 20210612_103712.jpg
    20210612_103712.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210611_141848.jpg
    20210611_141848.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0