Solved AR620 Programming

Munchy

This is my first time programming a receiver so I don't know if I'm just missing something but every time I connect the AR620 receiver to the DXe programmer It doesn't allow me to change anything and all the tabs are locked. I would program it with the transmitter but I only have the Spektrum DXe controller (the one without the screen). Any help is appreciated

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
AR620 is the ariel less receiver 6ch and you can't program it !
You can change settings on your transmitter ie reverse the direction of throw for control surfaces, or add dual rates and expo but other than that its pretty limited.
As I am not familiar with the DXe I am not much help, I am guessing as it doesn't come with a screen you must have a lead to connect to your PC to enable mods to your transmitter ?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This is my first time programming a receiver so I don't know if I'm just missing something but every time I connect the AR620 receiver to the DXe programmer It doesn't allow me to change anything and all the tabs are locked. I would program it with the transmitter but I only have the Spektrum DXe controller (the one without the screen). Any help is appreciated
You’ll have to program the dxe from the app, not the reciever.

Flyingshark

Master member
Umm, you use the DXe programmer for programming the DXe (transmitter), not the receiver. It should allow you to do stuff if the transmitter is what is plugged in.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Much appreciated. had no idea that it couldn't be programmed. Oh well.
You don't need to program that type of receiver that's a good thing about those receivers, I use them on all my decent models because they are so reliable. I also use the AR410 version when I only need the 4ch version.
The DXe is the part that lets your set-up down not the receiver, they are the most basic transmitter sold by Spektrum. I don't know why they gave it such limited functionality, it can't have been that much of a cost saving. They used this with pre programmed bind and fly planes but to be honest it was a cop out by Spektrum even some of the cheapest transmitters on the market come with a basic screen more functionality.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I seem to remember you might be able to reverse your controls on the transmitter but thats all.

Last edited: