Articles Request Thread

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
There's been comments that there's too many multirotor articles being published, and not enough of other material being allowed through.

I promise it is not a case of not choosing other subjects. Multirotors are popular now, and that seems to be what many of the authors are choosing to write about.

That said, I am starting this thread so you can make various topic suggestions that I can put out to the Articles community and hopefully give some people ideas what the readers want to read.

So, 3, 2, 1, go!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Pat said he wrote one, but he was in the middle of some dry ice/spirits experimenting, so I'm not sure it's going to be worthy....

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
I honestly haven't spent much time in the articles section... maybe I should.

Maybe an article about the differences and uses of various adhesives for building with foam, plastic, balsa etc. There are so many out there that offer so may pros and cons.

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I used to be a lot more willy nilly with writing articles and didn't put much time into them. Like sharing scratch builds that where beta tests and weren't good enough to try to improve on when improvements where needed.

The next article I plan on writing is going to require a lot of work before it's article ready.

I've also changed my attitude towards the articles. I know not as many people check the articles as they used to. But people do go back and do searches for knowledge they want. But really people on this forum ask questions and it's great to refer them to an article. Which is why I want to focus on much more complete articles that are worthy of re-reads. I actually wish a few of my articles were better. Like how I never did a build log on the One Sheet Swappable Trainer I designed, which is pretty much the best thing I have ever designed. So maybe I'll do another article on that plane with an actual build log or maybe even a build video. (And actually put a beginner power set up on it.)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Pat said he wrote one, but he was in the middle of some dry ice/spirits experimenting, so I'm not sure it's going to be worthy....

Yeah, that... Patrick USED to have self publish rights. People that have that enabled do not need to wait for a moderator (me) to approve their articles.

It got through, and I'm not sure how many people saw it. I removed it. I am sure that the Flite Test lawyers will be dealing with liability law suits soon, for the few people who were subject to his little video and writing project.

I will describe it with two words... interpretive dance.

That is all.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I honestly haven't spent much time in the articles section... maybe I should.

Maybe an article about the differences and uses of various adhesives for building with foam, plastic, balsa etc. There are so many out there that offer so may pros and cons.

Do it, really. I'm not sure that an article has been done on that topic.

One I'd really like someone to do, is explain what the different ratings of FPV antennas means. Why do I care about a certain "db" such and such. What is CP vs LP? Which is better, a LHCP Helical, or a "rubber ducky" antenna?

origamipilot

Make an article about building depron swappables. I was planning to make one but it would take long time. there aren't any good ones at the moment and you have to do a lot of guess work.
After all, there live more people in Europe than in North America.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This is true. I suppose one on how to convert the plans from DTFB to other materials would be a good article.

PedroAlbuquerque

How can I improve my article to make it through?

I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading/viewing article for one year now and learned a lot.

I have now decided to share some of my experiences and challenges with the comunity to inspire and encourage people like myself and for that I have submitted two article.

I didn't get any feedback yet, and although they are not published they have 4 or 5 views. How is that possible?

Are they of some interest to the comunity ? Do they need some kind of improvment to have them published ?

Some feedback would be interesting, even if it for a non approval if that is the case.

Hope my article meet your requirment and if not I'll do my best to be up to the standards next time.;)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading/viewing article for one year now and learned a lot.

I have now decided to share some of my experiences and challenges with the comunity to inspire and encourage people like myself and for that I have submitted two article.

I didn't get any feedback yet, and although they are not published they have 4 or 5 views. How is that possible?

Are they of some interest to the comunity ? Do they need some kind of improvment to have them published ?

Some feedback would be interesting, even if it for a non approval if that is the case.

Hope my article meet your requirment and if not I'll do my best to be up to the standards next time.;)

The views are from you or the admins looking at it. Fred just moved so he is still setting up his house so things are a little crazy for him. Ill let him know people are asking about articles

Kuro-to

I would like to see more articles addressing "theoretical" aspect of the RC planes and quads. I believe there are a lot of things that plane builder want to have estimated in advance, and most fundamental is "Will it fly?" There may be some fun in designing and building a plane to see if it will be flyable, but for me the "engineering" part of the hobby, designing a plane or a quad up to your expectations is another aspect of fun. Also, it was calculations (at eCalc) that saved me from frustration with my very first quad, as badly suggested motor/props/frame combination would result in non-flying machine...

I believe that many builders have questions like "Where CoG should be?", "What should be the thrust angle?", "What is a suitable prop for a motor / motor for a prop?", "What airfoil i should use?", "What should be the size of control surfaces?", "How to estimate a flight time for a given battery?" etc, and FliteTest can be a good source for such information.

I know that there are several FliteTest articles addressing such topics, and, possibly, common tag would help to find them.

I built a Mini Master Series Corsair, its a beautiful plane, I just made it fit into my truck with me! How would i go about recommending it for an article? It was a fun build, its a great flier, and I made some modifications. Any help?

Attachments

• 0615191519.jpg
    0615191519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 0615191632.jpg
    0615191632.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 0625191637.jpg
    0625191637.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0