I picked up this GL fuselage last summer with the intent to swap to electric. The Cox 049 did a number on the front end with fuel soak, so I had to chop off about 3 inches. Since I am using much lighter gear than original I wanted to extend the nose while repairing. I ended up adding on an extra 3 inches. There is a 1/64" ply doubler to join the new balsa to old. Once I add a floor, 1/16" bass stringers will go in. One issue with the GL I had was the wing just sits on top and is a drag point. I made the front taller to fix this issue and make it look more streamlined. Note: this is a side project I work on when nothing else is occupying my workspace. I'm finishing up a mini Red Zephyr currently, so this will be back on the bench soon!