Aura 5 rudder and elevator stick config

bill.diverman

I'm new to flying. I have 3 channel plane my radio is a flysky fs-I6X receiver is a FS-IA6B.
The aura 5 is working great, but now I would like to have the rudder and elevator on the right hand stick.
Using the arua 5 configuration tool I've made that change, but when I load my new config to the arua 5 the rudder is still on the left stick.
Does anyone have an answer for me?

Thanks
Bill

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I'm new to flying. I have 3 channel plane my radio is a flysky fs-I6X receiver is a FS-IA6B.
The aura 5 is working great, but now I would like to have the rudder and elevator on the right hand stick.
Using the arua 5 configuration tool I've made that change, but when I load my new config to the arua 5 the rudder is still on the left stick.
Does anyone have an answer for me?

Thanks
Bill
plug the rudder into the aileron port on your receiver

dap35

Elite member
I think you have two options. Reconfigure the transmitter to map the rudder to the right stick, or remap the channel order (ie slot) in the Aura Config. I had to remap the channels to get the correct configuration on my FrSky which also connnects via sbus, which you can see on this rcgroups post. I don't think this is the planned use of this function, but it could work.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48298513&postcount=510

bill.diverman

I think you have two options. Reconfigure the transmitter to map the rudder to the right stick, or remap the channel order (ie slot) in the Aura Config. I had to remap the channels to get the correct configuration on my FrSky which also connnects via sbus, which you can see on this rcgroups post. I don't think this is the planned use of this function, but it could work.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48298513&postcount=510
Thank You for your help. I'll look into your suggestions

bill.diverman

I was able to move the rudder and elevator to the right stick by using the config tool.
1. set transmitter type to Other/Custom
2. Receiver Connection to S.Bus on Port B
3. Transmitter Mode 4
4. select Learn Transmitter. be sure to have the aura connected to the computer and to the transmitter
the learn transmitter will allow to tell the Aura which leads on the S.Bus cable to send commands for the rudder and elevator
on

floydfoxyhair

I was able to move the rudder and elevator to the right stick by using the config tool.
1. set transmitter type to Other/Custom
2. Receiver Connection to S.Bus on Port B
3. Transmitter Mode 4
4. select Learn Transmitter. be sure to have the aura connected to the computer and to Kodi nox the transmitter
the learn transmitter will allow to tell the Aura which leads on the S.Bus cable to send commands for the rudder and elevator
on
nice work . best of luck buddy

Last edited: