Help! FT aura 5 lite not working with Lemon RX DSMP Diversity Satellite Receiver

_BLACKBIRD_

I’ve been trying to get my Aura 5 lite flight controller to bind with my Lemon RX DSMP Diversity Satellite Receiver (both products purchased on the FliteTest Store) yet I’m not sure whether I’m doing something wrong or one of the products is broken.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- I have followed the proper steps of powering on the Aura by holding down the bind button while connecting power.
- the lemon rx makes a single flash of orange light at the instant i connected power, but never makes light after that.
- i had a spare lemon rx which does the exact same thing when trying again.
- I’ve updated the Aura to the latest firmware, but still doesn’t work, the aura keeps signaling that it’s searching for a reciever.

I’ve no clue what to do.

1. Setup
2. Powering up while holding bind button.
3. Calibrating sensor(flashing blue light)
4. Searching for reciever
5. The manual

Attachments

• IMG_1883.png
    IMG_1883.png
    10.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1884.png
    IMG_1884.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1885.png
    IMG_1885.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1886.png
    IMG_1886.png
    10.5 MB · Views: 0
  • FTAura5_QuickStartGuide.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 0

_BLACKBIRD_

I was just using a BEC as an example power source. Its the same with plugging an ESC into port 1. I don’t think it’s a problem about the power though.

Bricks

Master member
What transmitter are you using if the receiver light goes out after plugging in the battery it is not receiving any signal.

_BLACKBIRD_

So what you are saying is that the satellite receiver will automatically bind to the transmitter when powered on? I tried powering it again but with the transmitter on but same thing. I tried it with transmitter in bind mode but it keeps saying bind failed.

You know let me actually make a video real quick visually showing the things I’ve tried and post it on YouTube.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
If the light on the satellite RX does not blink after powering up the Aura5 while holding the bind button, then the Aura is not putting the RX into bind mode. You may need to hook up a USB cable to the aura and use the configuration tool to make sure that the RX configuration not set wrong.

Have you tried using a different reciever cable?

_BLACKBIRD_

I had some success. I changed the receiver setup to Spektrum remote and on mini port B. I got it to bind to the transmitter. Everything seems to work yet I can’t actually get anything to move, it seems the transmitter is not transmitting or something.

Here’s what I’ve done:

(Also, the lemon rx is kinda permanently bound to a single model, I can’t re bind it to a different model, and the light ONLY turns on if the transmitter is using that specific model.)

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Until you get the sticks to respond in the configurator, the servos will not respond. Focus on getting the sticks working in the configurator.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I had some success. I changed the receiver setup to Spektrum remote and on mini port B. I got it to bind to the transmitter. Everything seems to work yet I can’t actually get anything to move, it seems the transmitter is not transmitting or something.

Here’s what I’ve done:

(Also, the lemon rx is kinda permanently bound to a single model, I can’t re bind it to a different model, and the light ONLY turns on if the transmitter is using that specific model.)
I've had trouble binding the rx to the tx that close. It's a pain but try holding your tx about 3 or 4 feet away from the rx when you bind them.

_BLACKBIRD_

Until you get the sticks to respond in the configurator, the servos will not respond. Focus on getting the sticks working in the configurator.
Do you have any tips on how I could do that?

Somehow the reciever is not receiving any transmission from the transmitter even though it’s bound.

Attachments

• IMG_1966.jpeg
    IMG_1966.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1967.jpeg
    IMG_1967.jpeg
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

_BLACKBIRD_

I've had trouble binding the rx to the tx that close. It's a pain but try holding your tx about 3 or 4 feet away from the rx when you bind them.
This lemon rx I don’t think I can rebind it. It seems once it’s bound there’s no way to initiate the binding (flashing orange light) again. It just gets stuck to that specific model on the transmitter.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
This lemon rx I don’t think I can rebind it. It seems once it’s bound there’s no way to initiate the binding (flashing orange light) again. It just gets stuck to that specific model on the transmitter.
I have never seen one do that before.....

Bricks

Master member
Spektrum has model match if you change models in the transmitter to the same receiver you have to go thru the total bind process Unplug receiver hold bind button plug in battery receiver starts to flash then hold bind button and turn on transmitter. You cannot just randomly change models and expect the receiver to work as it should as it won`t .

Lets see what your transmitter channel output page looks like.

_BLACKBIRD_

Spektrum has model match if you change models in the transmitter to the same receiver you have to go thru the total bind process Unplug receiver hold bind button plug in battery receiver starts to flash then hold bind button and turn on transmitter. You cannot just randomly change models and expect the receiver to work as it should as it won`t .

Lets see what your transmitter channel output page looks like.
I understand that process, but the thing is, I can’t get the reciever itself to do the binding flashing again. There’s no bind plug or button on this lemon rx. I do not know how or if I can rebind it in general.

The greater issue at hand though is that even though everything looks bound and ready to go, the receiver or Aura isn’t getting any signal from the transmitter at all.

stev

I understand that process, but the thing is, I can’t get the reciever itself to do the binding flashing again. There’s no bind plug or button on this lemon rx. I do not know how or if I can rebind it in general.

The greater issue at hand though is that even though everything looks bound and ready to go, the receiver or Aura isn’t getting any signal from the transmitter at all.
Hello, I am having the same problem with my Aure and Lemon Rx satellite when I try to add it to a new model with a different Aure 5. I tried it yesterday

_BLACKBIRD_

Hello, I am having the same problem with my Aure and Lemon Rx satellite when I try to add it to a new model with a different Aure 5. I tried it yesterday
Welcome to the club.

Is your transmitter able to connect with ur lemon rx + aura and is able to actually control an airplane though?