BabyHawk homicide investigation

orteaga2k2

Let me begin by saying I am completely new to quads... and I think I just murdered my new Emax BabyHawk. I finally installed a Spektrum DSMX 3.3v serial receiver following the steps noted in a couple of youtube vids. Booted up betaflight and began programming the quad following the steps outlined in one of the same videos... Just before everything went south, I was able to see that the control inputs on my radio (DX6e) were reflected on the app leading me to believe that the two (the quad and the radio) were successfully bound. Each step I progressed through, I saved and rebooted the quad. Now, when I plug in a fully charged CX g3 25c 2s/7.4v LiPo, the quad beeps three times (the LEDs do not light up) and does not react to arming or any other radio input. When I first installed the receiver (before programming), the quad would beep several times and flash LEDs until the boot-up process was finished in which it would give a solid blue LED signifying it was ready for arming and flight (I guess as this is all new to me). Also note that when the quad is plugged into a pc and is connected to betaflight, it will perform the boot-up process just as it did when it was taken out of the box.
So, here I am feeling a bit of remorse for killing what could have been. Any ideas/suggestions? Should I gracefully exit the hobby? Is duct tape, a shovel, and a bag of lime the only course of action left at this point?
I'm assuming that I have fried the part of the flight controller receives voltage from the battery. Would this be a correct assumption?
Thanks for any help in advance. May God bless you and yours!
-orteaga2k2

earthsciteach

Don't pronounce the patient dead, yet! First, a disclaimer: I have little patience for these quad critters due to a large amount of pain and suffering they have put me through.

I had a similar sounding issue with a race quad. When plugged into the computer, the fc powered up and responded to control inputs. When disconnected from the computer and battery plugged in, nothing.

The issue was a bad solder connection between the power distribution board and voltage regulator. A touch with the solder pen fixed it right up.

So, if you plug it into the pc again, the fc works?

Welcome to the forum!

orteaga2k2

Thanks earthsciteach!
Yes, when plugged up to a pc it powers up. When I get home later today, I plan to check it with a volt meter. I will also check the soldered connections.