• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

back to flying

Arcfyre

Depends on your budget, skill level, and amount of interest.

FT has many trainer type speed build kits which will be much cheaper than a tundra or timber. Cheap is good if you aren't an experienced pilot, as you have a higher likely hood of crashing.

I've never actually flown a tundra or timber, but they seem to be highly successful models, so if you're able to fly already I'd say you can go wrong with either one.

Merv

Foam board planes are much tougher that balsa planes. A foam board plane will survive a crash that would have destroyed a balsa plane. Weather you should build or buy is a question of personal choice. I prefer building, it's cheaper and I can easily customize the plane to fly the way I want it to fly. When I crash, I know I can always repair the plane or start over with a new one. I spend my winters building so I always have a new airframe sitting on the bench ready to go.

novaz

Thanks for the replies guys I live off grid so don't have a great deal of space but have been looking at the FT builds also been using a Sim at the hobby shop 70 miles away LOL going to do a bit more research before I decide I also like tinkering when I build stuff my AA/FC drag slotcar went a best of .501@107 in the 1/4 mile so have a bit of building experience

Hello, I have been flying for about a year now and for the past two months I have been nervous about flying. I was even afraid to maiden my new E-flite Raidian this evening. I am a solid intermediate pilot and love flying freewing 64mm edfs and war birds. is there a remedy to my nervousness?