Balsa USA 1/4 scale cub build

IronFlyer

Hey all,
I am new to the forum. My name is Jeff from Pittsburgh.

I am about to start building a 1/4 scale cub from Balsa USA for my Father. The tentative plan is to put a 30cc gas engine on it. I'll post pictures as soon as I start building so that anyone who is interested can follow along.

earthsciteach

Welcome to the FT Forum! I am definitely interested in seeing you progress. Its good to see balsa builds growing in numbers on here! I went through a box of plans I bought at a swap meet a couple of weekends ago and found an envelope labeled, "Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub" with fuselage templates inside. No plans, unfortunately.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Too bad teach... and welcome IronFlyer! Seriously love it when builders make their way to this forum. Not too many gassers in these parts but I'm in to watch.

An come to think of it... I still have Pittsburgh damage to my TF Texan from last year's Flite Fest. Gotta get on that. Your city has a lot of holes in the road!

IronFlyer

It really does. I was driving around a neighborhood running errands a week ago and there were so many holes that I just couldn't avoid that I started referring to that neighborhood as the holeyland.

IronFlyer

I've attached three pictures for starting out with this build. There's the huge fuselage plan, the wing plan, and a box of wood.

20150404_135106.jpg 20150404_135334.jpg 20150404_135414.jpg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
If you are still building and planning on the 30cc gasser, just and FYI that 20-26 will also work, but 20 would be the lower limit for power.