gourabjit singha

Hi.
Can anyone help me with, what might happens if I connect 2 2200mah 25c 2s lipos to each other in parallel and in series.Will the mah & C rating change?.Can it be called a 4s battery setup?

Thank you.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hi.
Can anyone help me with, what might happens if I connect 2 2200mah 25c 2s lipos to each other in parallel and in series.Will the mah & C rating change?.Can it be called a 4s battery setup?

Thank you.
If you hook them up in parallel, that is positive to positive & negative to negative, you add the mah together. The voltage stays the same. In your case, you would have a 4,400 mah 2S battery.

If you hook them up in series, that is positive to negative, you add the voltage together. The mah stays the same. In your case, you would have a 2,200 4S battery.

In both cases the C remain unchanged. The amps a battery can supply is calculated, mah/1000 x C. Example a 2200 mah 25C battery can supply 55 amps (2200/1000 x 25 = 55). In the case of a parallel setup 2-2200 mah 25C batteries would supply 110 amps (4400/1000 x 25 = 110).

When calculating the amps, you don’t care what the voltage is. The voltage comes into play when calculating the watts. Watts = volts x amps. In both parallel & series, the pack will supply 880 watts (8 x 110 = 16 x 55)

When connecting 2 packs in parallel or series, they must be similar C and age. Don’t connect a new pack with a 2 year old pack. As packs age, the internal resistance increases.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
As Merv said both batteries should be similar in performance or the batteries will only be as good as the worst one and take a toll on the better battery.