Be careful buying hobby king futaba trainer cables......

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I have been having some fun. Well not really. So I have two futaba t6xa round 6 pin radios. Needing the older style connector. I get the cable and the slave TX powers up fine however no master slave functionality. So I broke out the volt meter and sure enough they did not swap the ppm lines they just did straight line. So I re wired it still nothing. Basicly documenting this along with if any one wants to help..

Hobby king cable layout. Note it is the same on both sides which is wrong. Green and Yellow should be swapped. However this did not work for me not sure if there is any interference from the other wiers. I am tempted to cut the whole cord out and run my own lines.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attempted:

fig7f-01.gif

From: http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/english/tx2txgb7.htm

So now I am completely cutting out all but the ppm signal one way and ground.

Next attempt. I am going to go very simple. Now the slave TX will need to be powered however it should work considering in the jr setup I tried all it is is ppm one way and ground.

fig7f-03.gif

I have a JR radio with JR to futaba trainer cord. That works great to both futaba T6XA's however the battery is toast on that TX and i really would like the more feature filled T6XA to me. I also have a futaba round to futaba mini that works to realflight also so that seems to be working. Its just this dang cable. No way two trainer buttons are bad on the TX's..

Last edited:

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Ok I give up. I just re weird the whole thing meaning totally repalceing the wire with a new one. I tested the pins via a volt meter. it is weird like 7f-03. still not working. Is there something special you do with a Futaba T6XAs that will go into trainer mode? This is crazy. I know both work in slave mode..

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Ok think I have narrowed it down. I in slave mode measured toe voltage. it has nothing. I even measured it right where the wire come out of the plug.. It seems there is some reason this connector is not making proper contact. You should get a voltage on the ppm wire around 4 volts.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I gave up it is a issue with the actual connector. I ordered like one of the last original still in the package futaba cords on the internet LOL. Guy wanted 12 for it new in the package I offered 8 and he accepted the offer. I guess not many people want to buy a 16 year old part?

Again do not buy hobbyking cord's unless your absolutely 100% sure it will work with your tx. Even if it says it will work with your pin out it might not.