Beaglet 40 (Eaglet 50 scaled down to 80%)

Beaglet 40 (Eaglet 50 scaled down to 80%) 5

Please log in to download

johnbecker31

johnbecker31 submitted a new resource:

Beaglet 40 (80% Eaglet 50) - Beaglet 40 (80% Eaglet 50)

Many of us have memories of flying the Goldberg Eaglet 50 when we were just learning to fly. For those wanting to take a trip down memory lane, I present to you the Beaglet 40! This is an 80% Goldberg Eaglet 50, designed using FT standard methods. The maiden flight was gentle, and it flew every bit as stable as I remember the Eagle 50 flying.
Currently, I have not tested this aircraft with landing gear, so you will need to figure it out on your own. I have marked a location for the...

Read more about this resource...

johnbecker31

concept for main gear (tail dragger)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-09 125023.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-09 125023.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-09 125902.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-09 125902.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

johnbecker31

Flight characteristic are much better with the latest version. The cleaned up airfoil makes for a smooth decent when landing.
If you have downloaded a previous version, I highly advise you download version 5.

Peted

I recently crashed my simple scout 10 seconds into the maiden, and the thing snapped cleanly into three pieces. Although i do plan on gluing it back together, do you know if the power pod for the scout will work for the beaglet?

johnbecker31

I recently crashed my simple scout 10 seconds into the maiden, and the thing snapped cleanly into three pieces. Although i do plan on gluing it back together, do you know if the power pod for the scout will work for the beaglet?
if you built it using the B Power Pack, or anything of that approximate size, it should work just fine. I typically run an 8x45 prop on this bird.