50mm EDF P.15 Lippisch concept plane

50mm EDF P.15 Lippisch concept plane 2

Please log in to download

akimbo

akimbo submitted a new resource:

50mm EDF P.15 Lippisch concept plane - inspired by the freewing p.15 lippisch

I was browsing the list of Freewing planes on Motionrc and the lippisch caught my eye. I decided to make my first design based on this plane and it flies great. It uses a 50 mm edf but i feel that the plane could be easily scaled down a bit and still fit the fan. It could also be scaled up slightly to fit a 64 mm edf. My one worry with this design is that there is not much supporting the wings, when i built it i glued a bbq skewer into each wing and poked it into the fuselage along with four...

Read more about this resource...

mastermalpass

Elite member
Very nice! Looks very precise on the controls while cutting through the air smoothly. And any plane that can crash head-on like that and still carry on flying without even needing to land is a definite winner. Nicely done! :D

akimbo

akimbo updated 50mm EDF P.15 Lippisch concept plane with a new update entry:

82% P.15 Lippisch (BETA)

When designing the first version I realized that the plane was slightly large for the 50 mm EDF. Despite this it still handled fairly well although, I figured a scaled down version might provide a bit more agility and speed so, here it is. keep in mind that this has not been tested but, I believe that this version will outperform the previous in many ways and be more versatile for advanced pilots. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions regarding the design and or how to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

danskis

Master member
Some suggestions for the wing (which I haven't looked at so pardon me if you've already addressed this problem) Griflyer uses a foldover KF step wing on his Grungejet. This stiffens up the wing quite a bit and gives the wing more lift. I'm building a Jetworks plane from plans and you can see the wing here. This is a flat wing reinforced with square carbon fiber rods which are epoxied in. I ordered the rods from Walmart and they were relatively cheap. You could also use spruce or any other lightweight wood. This wing is way stiffer than I expected.

akimbo

Some suggestions for the wing (which I haven't looked at so pardon me if you've already addressed this problem) Griflyer uses a foldover KF step wing on his Grungejet. This stiffens up the wing quite a bit and gives the wing more lift. I'm building a Jetworks plane from plans and you can see the wing here. This is a flat wing reinforced with square carbon fiber rods which are epoxied in. I ordered the rods from Walmart and they were relatively cheap. You could also use spruce or any other lightweight wood. This wing is way stiffer than I expected.

It is difficult to see in the photos but the plane incorporates a fold over wing which was actually inspired by the grunjet. I mainly used it because it is one of the simplest wings to construct. I might design another version in the future with a traditional air foil once I get good at using cad.

akimbo

akimbo updated 50mm EDF P.15 Lippisch concept plane with a new update entry:

P.15 Lippisch

I realized that having two different wing spars was making the build process very difficult to get consistent. This new version incorporates a single spar that allows the two wings to easily slide into place when assembling. For the spar, I used a piece off of a broken carbon arrow but you can use pretty much anything. The body of the plane was also altered so that the back of the plane is closer to the wing, making it more accurate to the actual concept design. I don't have a video yet for...

Read the rest of this update entry...