• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

best 4-5in beginner quad

Hello, about a month ago I bought an inductrix fpv plus. Now I am looking for a bit more power and an affordable price. It also needs betaflight and if it is a bind and fly it needs to be spectrum compatible. Thank You!

FDS

What are you intending to use it for? Just learning to fly LOS or full FPV or FPV racing?
If you buy plug n play not BNF with the quad you can make any of them run off the Lemon RX satellite receiver which is $15, or the $23 Spektrum quad receiver. Not many BNF quads come with DSMX, since most quad people run FRsky.

The blade torrent is 2in, not 4-5, but I have one and many people say it flies like a larger quad (this is the fpv quad i've owned). Under $130, it's bnf for spektrum, and batteries are cheap (450-650mah 3s) or (550-850 2s). If you take the prop guards off it is a beast. The prop guards are fine but they break easily.

Ok, I have been looking and I think I am going to get the older eachine wizard. the batteries are cheap compared to my plane ones and it has a very good version of beta flight. or maybe for a second drone build one of the $99 builds that UAV Futures has. I will probably buy a drone backpack to take things to fly after school. Have you guys seen the newish mobula 7 HD that's on my bucket list as well. here is the link for the $99 build

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Whichever drone you decide on, you should upgrade Betaflight to the latest current version. The version that comes with the drone shouldn't influence your decision. I had the original Wizard X220 for a couple of years, it's a decent starter platform. The newer X220S was kind of a flop though.