Best Place for Build Threads

SSgt Duramax

Where is the best place to post build threads? I understand if I wanted to post the individual build on a plane I would make a separate thread for that, but what about all of the past builds or current builds that don't necessarily warrant their own thread? Like an ever evolving trainer or some odd mods I have made, but yet again wouldn't warrant it's own thread.

The best parallel I can draw is for cars. My A7 has its own build thread, and I put little incremental changes I make, little updates, oil changes, maybe cosmetic updates, a tune change, or whatever in there.

However if I want to write an instructional, for instance "How to install brand "x" aftermarket intercooler on an A7" or "How to port your supercharger" I would write a separate thread about how to do such a thing, then reference it in my build thread. Is it a thing here to have say an ongoing "hangar" thread?

quorneng

Master member
If it is electric and involves any sort of build or modification I have no worries about putting it into the Electric Plane Forum and start a new post each time. Just make the title is as helpful as possible with lots of pictures of how you did it and particularly 'before' and 'after'.
Sometimes a modification or a crash repair is of as much interest as a full build.

Tench745

Master member
I will usually start a new thread for a new project and then update that thread when I make a modification or retire the plane. Most other things that I post aren't worth a whole thread on their own. So when I'm feeling good about something and just want to share it, I just post in the "Anybody else scratch building tonight" thread or "FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times"
There are also people who have a hangar thread where they keep a list of the planes they're flying or building and what they're working on.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Suppose it depends whether your doing a detailed build or just occasional updates.
If your just going to keep people up to date with the general progress of a build, use the "Anybody else scratch building tonight".
However, if your planning to do a step by step build and document it with added photos etc then why not start a new post.