Best receiver for turanus

Gatormurica

Hello everyone, I recked my f450 kiss rig (Wilson) and one of the antenna wires that comes out of the receiver broke. I tried to cut them to equal lengths but that did not work. I am going to buy a new receiver. I had an x4r. Is there a receiver out there that can get more range without getting the thing in the back of my Turanus?
Thanks,

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hello everyone, I recked my f450 kiss rig (Wilson) and one of the antenna wires that comes out of the receiver broke. I tried to cut them to equal lengths but that did not work. I am going to buy a new receiver. I had an x4r. Is there a receiver out there that can get more range without getting the thing in the back of my Turanus?
Thanks,

Well, hold on - You might be able to replace the receiver wires. I did that for my Spektrum receiver in my drone. I bought these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FEEQTQ0/?tag=lstir-20

These may not fit your new X4R, but they have replacements that will. I popped open my receiver, pulled the antennas off, then pressed the new ones in. I did have to use the tiniest metric allen wrench I could find to pop loose the screw plate on the back of the receiver, but once done, it was REALLY easy, and $7 for a set of 5 is a LOT cheaper than buying a new receiver.