BetaFlight F3 FC dead on arrival????

SlyVin

Hi guys,

I just bought a Betaflight F3 Controller. I spent all that time soldering the ESC, battery harness and such...

But then I connected it to my computer to Flash it, nothing happen. Computer don't even recognize that there is a flight controller connected to it.

When I connect to the battery, I hear the beeping sequence from my ESCs...

I try to load with the bootloader button pressed, I try FLash Loader program... nothing, just like if it was not connected.

I got no issue loading a Naze32 with the same cable & cleanflight. I run a MAC, but do my Quad loads with the Windows partition.

Anyone have any type of similar issue with the Betaflight F3 FC? Am I forgetting something?

Thanks for the help!!! BF_F3.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Drivers for the boot loader are different ones from the normal plug n play drivers that the gui uses. I will assume you used the drivers recommended by Betaflight that use a virtual com port for the gui and Defuse demo for the boot loader. When you extracted the Defuse demo it loaded the VCP driver but you have to manually select the ones for the boot loader by OS. There was a folder extracted that contains drivers for win7 and a separate one for win 10. You have to select the proper one for your OS.

Or you could load Zadig and use their drivers but you have to properly uninstall all the other flight controller drivers before doing so.

Others just got straight for the immersion RC driverfixer thingie mentioned in other peoples threads with the same problem you are having.

SlyVin

Ok, thanks for the answer! I will give it a try but since the FC is not even detected and does not even Power Up via USB, I wonder if my issue is not worst then that.

Looks like the USP port is plain broke.... :S