Better Power Pod?

rdallaire

Hello,

First, I really like the idea of the power pod as it allows me to build multiple planes with 1 set of electronics (minus servos)

I'm looking for some ideas to make my power pod overall better and last longer. My current power pod has already had the motor mount come off (I have it hot glued and duct taped onto the pod). Also the bamboo skewer got a little loose in a flight and the pod came off when I hit the throttle a little high.

I found this video for a better mount that allows for more area to glue the mount

Main concerns / TLDR
  • Holding the pod to the plane with bamboo skewers/ better solution
  • Motor mount coming off with heat/ vibration
  • Easier access to battery with mounting inside.

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
My reinforced power pod uses two stacked firewalls, credit card reinforcement on the mounting holes, and skewers in the folds for bracing.

dgrigor02

I would think popsicle ( or better yet fudgsicle becasue they taste better ) sticks would do the job in place of the kit.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
The power pod is the easiest part to build.
It also absorbs the most damage on impact.
Making it stronger will transfer the damage further back into the frame.
That said, a stronger firewall is a good idea.
I also use gift card pieces to reinforce the BBQ skewers.
I'd rather make another power pod than a new fuselage.

Best regards,
PCH

rdallaire

Yes, I agree I like that the powerpod can easily be replaced. The only issue is that I have flown mine 3 times and already having a few of these issues.

I think I'll give the skewers/ card method a try and maybe reinforcing the motor mount.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
A small piece of gift card with a hole drilled through and then hot glued to the outside fuselage and inside of the power pod.
I don't even tape the power pod anymore.
I do use gift card reinforcement on the fuselage under the landing gear and to stiffen up any damaged parts.
Gift cards are available at the cash register of most chain restaurants.... (c8

Best regards,
PCH