• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Binding Carbon Cub to DX8

Tabdy

I've fitted flaps and seem to be having difficulty binding the Eflite Carbon Cub S+ to the Spektrum DX8 without losing any of the safety features. The only way it seems to work is by removing the GPS.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I don’t have a carbon cub, but horizon planes usually have directions on how to set up that specific plane. Have you checked the instructions?

Tabdy

Spektrum have a list of aircraft already programmed which can be downloaded to the DX8, but I'm not sure I've found the correct model. I removed the GPS and managed to bind the DX8 but annoyingly my Cub was then blown away and I haven't been able to find it. Almost certainly landed in a very dense wood. Awaiting a replacement Cub and want to ensure this time all safety features will work as well as the flaps!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I am not talking about Spektrum’s list. I am talking about the instruction book that comes with the airplane. It should have specific instructions on how to bind with a gps (if the bind process is different) and it should tell you how to set up the gps.

Tabdy

Also, what steps do you take to bind the plane?
Thanks. I had no problem binding with the transmitter which came with the Cub. Problem started when I decided to make the flaps operational which needs a transmitter with more channels. The instruction book gives no guidance apart from stating that a 7 channel transmitter is needed. I acquired the DX8 which is more than capable. I then found it would not bind until I disconnected the GPS.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Thanks. I had no problem binding with the transmitter which came with the Cub. Problem started when I decided to make the flaps operational which needs a transmitter with more channels. The instruction book gives no guidance apart from stating that a 7 channel transmitter is needed. I acquired the DX8 which is more than capable. I then found it would not bind until I disconnected the GPS.
Ok. I did a search and some people had some problems with the gps too. One person fixed it by going outside because the gps needed to lock.