Bixler 2

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
BTW I can confirm the Bixler will glide a while.

Had a rx drop out and turned the Bix around and flew it back to the field.
Did not realize till after it was unpowered.

I just have one question. Is this plane named after Josh? As $oonasi seen the review I have been wondering this. Please help sooth my wondering mind?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
It's named after the "Bixler Clan", yes. I'm not sure if it was for Josh or his Dad though.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
It's named after Josh, In honor of his contributions to the beginner pilots . . . or for the more skeptical among us, in an attempt to capitalize on the burgeoning beginner pilot market. In all likelihood it's a bit of both ;)

IIRC, Josh's mention of his Dad in a video more as a point of pride that his father got to see the family name brought honor -- no small thing -- but of all the Bixlers, Stewart knew Josh.

In either case, it's a clone on a solid design that they have repeatedly tweaked and improved, so for honor or profit, the community has benefited for the plane being on the market.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Oh, I wasn't sure if Josh had mentioned his Dad because he didn't really want to be honored this way, but he wanted his dad to receive it instead because he brought him into the hobby and teached him the importance of families, friends and doing something together.

Either way. Both Bixler's are important for this little piece of awesome community we have now - besides a lot of others of course.

Carzy_Fpv

FPV

Hi I'm new to the world of planes (qwad guy here) and was wondering if you or anyone could recommend a budget fpv system for the bixler 2 that I can get on hobbyking. Thanks

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hi I'm new to the world of planes (qwad guy here) and was wondering if you or anyone could recommend a budget fpv system for the bixler 2 that I can get on hobbyking. Thanks

I use a few pieces from Banggood but would love to run a RunCam Split2.