Bixler2 vs bix3

I am currently looking for a beginner plane and I’ve settled between 2 siblings the bixler 2 and the bix3. However my main issue here is that at the time of making this post there is only kit forms of the bix3 in stock on the Hobby king website. on the other hand the bixler2 is pnf. The bix3 kit comes in at $105 (plus $30 or so in extra parts). Where as the pnf bixler2 is only $94. I do plan on installing flaps, and I would like to eventually modify everything down the road
IMG_6388.jpeg

I’ve seen this floating around a few peoples build on YouTube and thought it would be a nice addition to my build. I was also curious what would be the best kv motor I should get to eventually upgrade the bixler2 or to put in the bix3 if I go that direction? Aswell as if I should spend the extra money to get metal gear servos?

Shurik-1960

If you want to fly for a long time without accidents, immediately buy and install servomechanisms with a metal gearbox 9g Servo SG90. Installing flaps for a Bixler is an anecdote: it is a lightweight motorized glider that flies perfectly in a non-motorized version. Install a better flight stabilizer with an autorun and you will be lucky: you gave gas, threw it -the model will automatically dial 30m.I would recommend an engine from the BR series for quadrocopters with a 6040 - 7040 screw. My Bixler 1 is in the country, 82 km from my apartment in Moscow and I can't look. I do not recommend installing a screw anymore because of the reactive torque from large screws. Battery from 1500 mA TO 3000 mA 3S.

If you want to fly for a long time without accidents, immediately buy and install servomechanisms with a metal gearbox 9g Servo SG90. Installing flaps for a Bixler is an anecdote: it is a lightweight motorized glider that flies perfectly in a non-motorized version. Install a better flight stabilizer with an autorun and you will be lucky: you gave gas, threw it -the model will automatically dial 30m.I would recommend an engine from the BR series for quadrocopters with a 6040 - 7040 screw. My Bixler 1 is in the country, 82 km from my apartment in Moscow and I can't look. I do not recommend installing a screw anymore because of the reactive torque from large screws. Battery from 1500 mA TO 3000 mA 3S.
I have just ordered the pnf bixler 2. I have metal gear servos that I plan to buy soon however I’m still not sure what motor. Are you saying I should be able to get away with useing a drone motor swinging a 7x5 prop? Also I do have a hobby eagle pro v3 flight stabilizer that I’ve yet to use yet. I believe it also has a trainer mode. Should I not worry about flaps? I did notice it recommends to use a servo reverser in order to use the flaps with a y-lead.

Shurik-1960

Flaps are used for better takeoff and slow landing on heavy models. They both deviate downwards. The ailerons are connected to the 1st and 5th channels of the receiver or through the Y cable, both are connected to the 1st channel. The engine I have already given you a link.If you don't like it, buy one.which one you will like .I don't have time to explain about the engine for a long time and stupidly: either follow the advice or do everything as you see fit. The regulator can be taken for 30 A, preferably branded.Nouname regulators do not live long (yellow with Aliexpress).

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I have just ordered the pnf bixler 2. I have metal gear servos that I plan to buy soon however I’m still not sure what motor. Are you saying I should be able to get away with useing a drone motor swinging a 7x5 prop? Also I do have a hobby eagle pro v3 flight stabilizer that I’ve yet to use yet. I believe it also has a trainer mode. Should I not worry about flaps? I did notice it recommends to use a servo reverser in order to use the flaps with a y-lead.
flaps are only if you want to do stol and I reccommend not worrying abotu that until you are well inot learnign how to fly.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
also for hte motor hobbykign gives reccomendations

stereodreieck86

Get the Bix3, the smallcncparts motor mount (9 inch prop) and MG Servos, just to have that setup and it worked great until I sold the plane.