Blackout Blackouts

Edlang

Ok, its not a blackout frame but I found the title funny... Its a ZMR250, flying a naze32 rev5 from HK, rotorgeeks 12a escs, multistar elites 2204, and a d4r-ii receiver.
I was flying normally and everything was fine. When I punched the throttle to try and attempt a flip, the quad just stopped responding. Motors shut down and it went straight down. Weird, as I've done flips with this exact setup a couple days before this.

Any ideas? Before this flight, I was tinkering with the naze trying to add gps and sonar (which I failed at). I don't know if I could've affected some settings...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edlang

And you thought I would forget the video for you guys? Here it is!

Darkback2

I would guess you have a loose connection and when you tried to flip you lost power.

You also have some tuning to do but that is a later concern.

Hope your quad is OK.

DB

Edlang

Thanks for the concern, just a couple of broken props. Loose connection where? I'm using the PDB that came with the ZMR v2, And everything seems pretty well soldered. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reminder on the tuning, I keep postponing it...

Darkback2

The Where is the hard part.

I've had something similar happen when flipping my ZMR. I am also using the ZMR PDB. For me it only happened when I used a certain battery. I later found the battery to have either a bad cell or a bad internal connection. It would intermittently show up as a 1s instead of 3. I stopped using it and the problem went away. It may also be do to flex in the board or some faulty connection within the connectors. A robot I worked on once would black out when it hit things...The connectors we were using turned out to be the problem.

Sorry for the troubles and glad your quad is relatively ok.

DB

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Odd sounding crash.

I can still hear motors running after the flip and I don't hear motors spinning up trying to compensate.

It makes me think power problem. How did the battery look after the crash? Was it below 3.3v on any cell?

Topdawg

What size props are you running and what KV are motors? It almost looks and sounds like an esc may have cut out. If you are running too big of props on the 2204 they can easily draw too much for a 12 amp ESC. Also one of them may have gotten too hot and gone into a cutoff.