Bloody Baron

travpounder

What Power pack (B or C) do you guys recommend for the Bloody Baron? I'm still learning how to fly, but my friends and I want to start Dog fighting. I'm all ears! :)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
For combat, C Pack will be best. The Baron flies well, but is much more docile on the B Pack. As Capt_Bevis pointed out, if your still learning to fly, keep the control throws dialed way down to start out with. The Baron has huge control surfaces so not a lot of deflection is required for smooth flying.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
You can run anywhere from a 1300 - 2200. If your going for last man flying, full-contact combat, then 2200 for the longest flight time. For streamer combat, I prefer the lighter 1300.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Between 5-6 minutes, depending on throttle management.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
It depends on the voltage you want to go down to. I can get up to 6-8min on a 1300 but I like to run it up and let it glide a bit too.

mdmccat

Total noob here. I've been able to fly this a few times. I've always crashed – but the first plane with ailerons that I could keep in the air for more than 10 seconds. Can't wait to be able to softly land it. All that said it seems to be the most robust plane I've flown – takes a crash well.

would this a "teach yourself to fly" plane or buddy boxed with a mentor?

If in answer to my question, it's teach myself. I'm actually going to build a Flyer this weekend and get started with that. Will try out the Baron once I've got things (hopefully) under control.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
as a first 4ch i would get the storch but i guess you could do the baron and get away with it its just a lot more agile

Last edited: