Brace Brace Brace, NOOB Landing

Tom BD Bad

Hello, to all the Josh's, David and the rest of the flite test team and your guests, thanks very much for providing my morning entertainment for the last 6 months or so and hello to the community.

So I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my powerup FPV so I can get into the air and provide my own morning entertainment. For anyone interested, powerup 3.0 attached a motor to a paper plane with a smartphone app providing control, their new product, as you may have guessed from its name goes one further adding a live streaming camera. The powerup FPV also offers a variety of sensors to provide data to a very impressive auto/assisted pilot feature showcased here :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLyCslmH2wU

Apologies to anyone who feels that this is not proper RC thankfully the strict new drone regulations in South Africa share that opinion, 'toy's' being excluded from the classification of Remote Piloted Aviation System's (RPAS.) What I like about it is that not only is the control app open source, so, in essence, is the actual unit. Though designed for a paper plane, it realistically could be attached to any fixed wing designed for it.

The reason for my post is 2 fold.
Firstly - Powerup FPV is controlled by differential thrust only, like multi-rotor I guess, I have seen some amazing stunts performed with quad-copters but I am not sure how responsive differential thrust will be for a fixed wing(?)
Do any of you experienced guys reckon I will be able to do a respectable barrel roll with only differential thrust?

Secondly - Due to the open source nature of the powerup FPV I have been experimenting with different paper planes and recently started with styrofoam/polystyrene throw planes culminating in (as a birthday gift for my little brother) designing and building this -
toothless.jpg
Which led me to give you guys a challenge, going one further than the guided bomb challenge...

Make a fully powered toothless dragon and a hiccup character with servo controlled gliding suit to drop from the dragon and then catch again!

Anyway, I'm sure that's plenty for a 1st post!