Can i make a mini storch???

ageorge

Hey guys i just wanted to know whether it is possible to scale down a storch to 50 or 60% and make it a mini sized plane?Also with that scaled plane i plan on using power pack A but with an extra servo for ailerorns.Is it possible to have a mini sized storch with aileros?because i wanna start flying 4 channel planes now and i only have parts for a mini and would like to make the mini storch with the same parts and with ailerons.

jack10525

Why not? I think its a great idea. I love the storch but it can be a little big. It flies great in wind though being so big. I would choose the power pack b motor with a 25 amp esc and a 1000 mah 3 cell bat.

ageorge

oh ok thanks il try that then...Il try to gather money to buy a pack b as as the moment i have only power pack A parts.So il buy PP B and 2 extra servos

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I have one. I did a straight 60% shrink of the original with an F pack setup. It is very fast with a 3s and flies more like the original with a 2s using 6x4 props. I did move the tail servos forward a couple of inches and I make the gear more like the bushwacker. The body gets pretty thin around the tail feathers. i did mine with full length ailerons. It has a crazy roll rate but has a tendency towards adverse yaw. I did a rudder mix and it flies pretty well with it. IMG_1685.JPG IMG_1683.JPG

ageorge

oh wow thats really nice il try make it!also is it possible to add ailerons to any of the minis?I already have a ft mini scout and a speedster.If i want to add ailerons which one should i add them to?With my setup i am thinking of building a FT MIGHTY MINI ARROW as it uses the same parts i got and it is also push and yank which means it has ailerons.I think this would be fun to fly...also is it recommended for a semi/beginner?or should i stick with a mini storch or a mini buckwasher?

Last edited:

ageorge

hey guys nvm i just got told by my dad that i can spend more to build a buckwasher!!!! yayayay so now i can build one with ease at full size...Any way is this a good semi begginner plane?Thanks also do u think it is a good idea to make this plane a 3ch by getting rid of the rudder and making it aileron only?or does that mean disaster?Because im building a plane in the first place to get used to aileron control...aAlso getting rid of 1 channel means that i dont have to pay for 1 servo and also dont have to pay more to get a 6ch recviver rather than a 3ch..Any opinions?

Last edited:

CaptBill

Capt_ Bevis
Nice job.
You say the mini Stitch flies more like.it's full size brother on a 2s(?) battery ? Can you expound on this some? Why wouldn't just reducing throttle on 3s produce the same results? Please what motor are you using on the small one?

ageorge

oh no mr capt bill i am not building a small one anymore i am building a full size with all recommended electronics.Also is it possible to make the bushwaker with only 1 servo used for the ailerons insted of 2?

Last edited:

Doug G

I have been thinking about doing a Mini Storch. I was thinking I would go with a simple under cambered wing like some of the other mini's. With that wing I would would just go 3 channel, no ailerons. This could be built very light and would make a great lazy flyer.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
hey guys nvm i just got told by my dad that i can spend more to build a buckwasher!!!! yayayay so now i can build one with ease at full size...Any way is this a good semi begginner plane?Thanks also do u think it is a good idea to make this plane a 3ch by getting rid of the rudder and making it aileron only?or does that mean disaster?Because im building a plane in the first place to get used to aileron control...aAlso getting rid of 1 channel means that i dont have to pay for 1 servo and also dont have to pay more to get a 6ch recviver rather than a 3ch..Any opinions?

You do not need a rudder to fly BUT if you intend to use an undercarriage and take off from the ground you will definitely need a rudder to control direction while you taxi and do the take off run.

Without a rudder it will definitely need to be hand launched!

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I am using the F pack 2204. Yes, throttle can be reduced with 3s (a 6x3 prop would probably work great too but I like higher pitch props), I fly it with 3s often but 2s it has the throttle response of the full size Storch. It isn't a trainer with either battery. It can fly very nicely but it can also be a handful at times.

Capt_ Bevis
Nice job.
You say the mini Stitch flies more like.it's full size brother on a 2s(?) battery ? Can you expound on this some? Why wouldn't just reducing throttle on 3s produce the same results? Please what motor are you using on the small one?

CaptBill

I'm working on a full size right now. Had considered doing a smaller version but when it came time to print the plans I decided I would go LARGE (100%)for the sake of a project.
Thanks