Can I use fatsharks without a module?

OPO

Hi guys!

I was wondering if I could use a fatshark without a module solely for a simulator?

I wanted to get the Aomway Commander Goggles V1 but I read online it's better to get the fatsharks, I however don't have the funds at this moment to also get the modules. I got told not to use the Aomway goggles without the antennas hooked up so I was wondering if I could use a Fatshark Dominator V3 without the module in it.

Thank you time!

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
If you are using it for a simulator then you should be fine. The video source into the goggles will be different for a simulator then for actually receiving signals.

OPO

So I should not worry about something burning out? Due to me not having a module plugged in?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
You should be fine. The goggles just provide 5v to the module and then receive the audio/video signals from the receiver. When you use another video source (HDMI/AV) you will switch off power to the RX. It's not like a video transmitter where you can not turn it on without the antennas missing.

You should also note that to connect to your computer/TV the options are HDMI and AV cables (red, yellow, white). So make sure you can support those cables or have an adapter to be able to support them.