Can you put the dx6e with AR620 receiver, on save mode?

Hello, I was wondering if you can put this controller (or receiver) on save mode. I don’t trust myself as a pilot to not fly without save mode, due to my last flight not going well. Thanks in advance

ThatCoolCoder

Hi, unfortunately the ar620 is a "sport" receiver, meaning it directly controls the servos without any sort of stabilisation or SAFE. If you want SAFE you'd have to get something like an AR630 (which is more expensive of course)

i presume you are learning to fly, so I would like to point out that it is possible to learn without SAFE (although perhaps the simple scout in your profile picture is not the best plane for this). Either way I think you have to accept that your first plane will get a bit dirty and crumpled by the time you can fly well.

Also, if you do go the SAFE route, I would caution against using beginner mode for longer than necessary, as you might end up never learning to fly without SAFE.

chrisvdv

Just to be sure about the type of "save" you are talking about what exactly are you after?

PROGRAMMING FAILSAFE POSITIONS
1) SmartSafe™ Failsafe
2)SmartSafe™ Failsafe
3) Hold Last Command

Look on page 12

or

AR630 DSMX 6-Channel AS3X & SAFE Receiver​

AR631 DSMX 6-Channel AS3X & SAFE Receiver​

JDSnavely

I highly recommend the AR630. If you have certain DX6 transmitters they can do forward programing if updated with the latest profile. (I can't warn enough to have the prop off while programing to prevent injury.) I got an NX8 which has forward programing and we love it. It takes a few times to figure it out and there are Youtube videos out there that can help. Once you program a couple planes sucessfully, it takes only about 10 minutes to program a plane right from the transmitter.

I just helped a friend maiden his first plane. We were going to buddy box but I thought he would do fine with his Tiny Trainer on Safe(AR630). He had two perfect flights. It was even pretty windy out. These were only his 4th and 5th flights flying anything RC.