Cannabalize a Flyzone micro for something else?

So I built a balance fixture for my Nieuport 17 and the SE5A to find the CG and both balanced at the very back edge of the top wing. The SE5A took 1/4 ounce of weight and the Nieuport took 1/2 ounce to move the center of gravity anywhere near the 1/3 chord normal position. And neither has enough power to pull itself around with that much weight added. Last night I tried them both in dead calm wind and while they will glide from a hand throw, neither will climb at full power.

So I'm about to turn them into static display models. My LHS has a powered sailplane kit, (can't recall the name) similar to this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11306__Mini_Swift_R_C_EPO_Glider_PNF_.html that is complete except for electronics and power. It's UMX Radian sized. I'm seriously thinking about gutting one of the Flyzone airplances for the guts I need to build another small powered glider.

Does this seem like a plan? I've contacted Flyzone for some tech advice which I hopefully will have in a day or 2 but so far I have been completely unsuccessful flying these tiny biplanes and I want something I can take to the park with reliability.

Update about the center of gravity for these biplanes. I heard back from Flyzone's tech center yesterday. The answer was that the cg should fall 1/3 of the chord back from the combined chord of both wings, so 1/3 of the distance from the leading edge of top wing and trailing edge of bottom wing. On at least one of these tiny biplanes I'm going to see if I can get the cg close to that point and try again to see if I can make it fly. If not, they will be cubicle decorations.