carbon props?

RossFPV

i have seen some carbon props and are they much more durable and with them being stronger would it cause to much more stress on the motor in a crash?

joelspangler

Yes they are more durable, and can put more stress on the motor, however I've never broken a motor. I've ripped the firewall mount off of the plane, but I've never broken a motor on a plane. Different story for quads, where shafts often get bent or broken, but I've never experienced that on a plane. On my tiny trainer, I was replacing 6x3 plastic props several times per battery when I first got started. I switched to a 6x3 carbon prop and faired MUCH better. I did eventually break some of the carbon props, but perhaps every 10 full flight sessions instead of multiple per day.

Piotrsko

Master member
Pick your poison: expensive props lasting for a while longer or cheap props being replaced often. CF might be cheaper overall, but you need an accountant to tell. If you REALLY want tough, use a gasser prop with an adapter, and boil it for 1/2 hour first. Wont be as fast, but i have gasser props older than you that still work fine