CG for Delta

SirBoot32

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting the CG right on my FT delta. I am using a 24 g motor and 850 mah battery (I ordered the package from Lazertoyz). Any suggestions? Also, I am sorry if this has been covered. I searched but was unable to find any information.

lonewolf7717

After looking around I would agree there is not much online documentation regarding CG. I have not built any of the swappable series but if you open the "full size plans" link on the page I have linked the CG is marked, will have to break out ruler to get actual measurement. Also this is based on a 2s 500mah, have seen some major issues with CG if you opt for much larger lipo.http://flitetest.com/articles/deltascratchbuild

lonewolf7717

Oh just spotted you are using 850mah that comes with package...all good...just will have to push it back little more than a 500

MarkD

Are you having issues getting the plane to balance on the recommended location or getting it to fly well?

ofiesens2

Professional noob
I had a similar problem with my SBK delta. I ended up just putting the battery very far aft of the cg reference marks

SirBoot32

I had a similar problem with my SBK delta. I ended up just putting the battery very far aft of the cg reference marks

This is what I ended up doing as well. Thank you to all who replied. I really wanted to get it balanced properly before I tried to fly it. This is my first bank and yank plane. I have been flying my FT Flyer, Nutball, and Champ with great success. Of the three my FT Flyer is my favorite.