Chargers are confusing

ajlepel

I was spending time on the Internet trying to identify the type of charger I wanted. My decision was to purchase the SKYRC iMax B6AC V2 GENUINE. When I started looking for where to buy one I come across the SKYCHARGER B6AC. I look at these two and their identical!

I believe in "Buyer Beware" but I can't figure this out. These look identical. I cannot find any kind of warning that one is "real" and one is "fake". I don't want to be fooled but I can't tell what's real and what's not. Maybe their both real?

Does anyone have any comments about this? Any Help or advice would be appreciated.

Fyathyrio

That particular charger has so many clones it's almost impossible to determine a real one. In general, I would recommend against that particular charger as it has a low current/watt limit and you will quickly outgrow it. When it comes to chargers, I went the "buy once, cry once" route and spent a fair chunk of change getting one with a 30A capacity, with a 50A power supply to match. Within a year, having just that one charger was annoying and I got a second slightly smaller one to allow me to do a variety of cells.

For a bargain on a well designed charger, look at the "Reaktor" series offered by Hobby King. These are authorized clones of the arguably top of the line iCharger series. (I do not own one yet, but I will get one when the the need arises for more charging capacity.) You will need a separate power supply, go big! I now have three chargers that can all be safely operated off my single power supply, which gives me great flexibility when I have a bunch of 1S, 2S, and 3S cells to charge or place in storage.

I seriously doubt that any RC hobby enthusiast has ever complained that their charger had too much capacity!